Very disappointed with Pewdiepie and his comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Why would you think they all end a horrible fate? Yes there are many child stars that end bad but I'm sure there all also many that have a happy ending you don't hear about. My son will be set for life financial and isn't that what all parents what for their kids? We are investing for him so he can grow up to be what he wants without worrying about money. We are putting limitations on how he can withdraw money so that he doesn't grow up being spoil or blow through all his money at once. PewdiePie claims that he will never get any of the money is hurtful. Yes I know that being on the internet allows people to comments their thoughts and options but his words are more powerful than he might realize.
I don't think all will. But this is a new media and I do wonder what will happen when kids grow up or something else ends the channel. Just because it's a new thing and we haven't really seen what anyone does "after YouTube " and I do think doing it with family members may keep things real for kids at that point. That's all

Reactions: Ryan ToysReview

Ryan ToysReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't think all will. But this is a new media and I do wonder what will happen when kids grow up or something else ends the channel. Just because it's a new thing and we haven't really seen what anyone does "after YouTube " and I do think doing it with family members may keep things real for kids at that point. That's all
You are right this is a new media and I understand people's concerns. Kids are on tv/movie all the times and no one mention or write articles how parents are exploiting kids on there anymore. I just wish people stop thinking the worst of everything and jumping to conclusions before knowing all the facts. We don't plan to continue the channel forever, probably a couple of years is all or until he gets bored and stop wanting too.

Also because of YouTube we are able to donate to charities and help others that I could never afford to before. We sent our used toys back to my home countries to orphanages and buy new toys to local children hospitals here. I'm helping my sister start a charity right now where we would go to local elementary school during Christmas seasons and throw them a Christmas party with presents. My passion has always been with foster kids and this year we will donate money/supplies to those in needs. I'm not saying this to brag. I just feel blessed to even be able to helping the community while everyone thinks we are evil parents.

Last edited:

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
It had been a hard week for me emotionally, but commenting back to him or sue him only brings in more attention and more hatred by others.
You are absolutely right. Do not dignify PewdiePie's video with a response. Although it would be understandable to want to sue PP, legal action has a tendency to ruin people's lives...sometimes even when they win. Just keep doing what you are doing, make great videos, entertain millions of people, and have a great time with your son.

By the way, I took a look at your channel because of this thread. I was almost scared that I would see a spoiled brat who clearly was being manipulated to promote toys. Quite the opposite, Ryan comes across (at least to me) as a really lovely, genuine, happy, well adjusted kid who is having a great time with his youtube channel. Sincerest Compliments.

StraightUpIrish

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Have to disagree, he isn't jealous, the video like all others is a joke against the clickbait journalists who created the article. They do this to him all the time.

Reactions: ocslushie
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
By the way, I took a look at your channel because of this thread. I was almost scared that I would see a spoiled brat who clearly was being manipulated to promote toys. Quite the opposite, Ryan comes across (at least to me) as a really lovely, genuine, happy, well adjusted kid who is having a great time with his youtube channel. Sincerest Compliments.
I completely agree! He seems so happy and loves what he does![DOUBLEPOST=1483872531,1483872393][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also because of YouTube we are able to donate to charities and help others that I could never afford to before. We sent our used toys back to my home countries to orphanages and buy new toys to local children hospitals here. I'm helping my sister start a charity right now where we would go to local elementary school during Christmas seasons and throw them a Christmas party with presents. My passion has always been with foster kids and this year we will donate money/supplies to those in needs. I'm not saying this to brag. I just feel blessed to even be able to helping the community while everyone thinks we are evil parents.
This is amazing! I have always wanted to help out and give, what an amazing thing! Thank you for being so kind & loving!

Ryan ToysReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have to disagree, he isn't jealous, the video like all others is a joke against the clickbait journalists who created the article. They do this to him all the time.
I agree, I don't think he's jealous at all. These type of videos that he made is his type of humor. I also heard he's a pretty decent guy in real life. The problem is that a lot of his fans takes his words seriously. We are getting threats email and comment...he said you can't trust the media because of how many times they said wrong things about him, but he made his video based on what the article said about us. Yes we know he might be joking but people watching him don't see it that way. [DOUBLEPOST=1483884117,1483883369][/DOUBLEPOST]
You are absolutely right. Do not dignify PewdiePie's video with a response. Although it would be understandable to want to sue PP, legal action has a tendency to ruin people's lives...sometimes even when they win. Just keep doing what you are doing, make great videos, entertain millions of people, and have a great time with your son.

Thank you. He loves playing with toys like any other kids. People thinks he has so many toys and is spoil by it, but after making the video,I would put the toy to storage to donate. He never complains or ask It. He's happy playing with small $0.99 hot wheels. He's the best brother that any parents can ask for. He helps out around the house and help me takes care of his sisters. Or course no one sees what goes on outside of that 10mins of videos and assume the worst. We even get hate on the video where we went to Disney World. At first we do nothing by toys videos and people complain saying we are promoting to much toys. Then I try to scale back on toys and do skits or make videos about going places and people complain saying I thought you're a toy channel,where the toy? You just can't win...anyways thanks again[DOUBLEPOST=1483885755][/DOUBLEPOST]
I completely agree! He seems so happy and loves what he does![DOUBLEPOST=1483872531,1483872393][/DOUBLEPOST]

This is amazing! I have always wanted to help out and give, what an amazing thing! Thank you for being so kind & loving!
Thank you. Hopefully in the near future I can learn how to set up scholarships and be able to help kids pay for their college. Because of YouTube we are able to give back to the community and create a better life for our kids. Sadly people just see it as a the bad things. Thanks again for your support!

Last edited:

ggdeeofficial

EZ Game EZ Life
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
how do you even know if it is botted views? basing it on comments alone isn't really a good argument since most kids that have tablets don't even know how to type or spell. repeat views are a thing too. I've seen my nephews do this especially on kid song vids.

SmartTheDumb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
What's actually going on:
Pewdiepie makes a video about parents exploiting their kids for money.
Parents that exploit their kids for money frown heavily upon Pewdiepie for risking their business.

Any other reasoning is literally apologetic bs.

Maybe those parents will save some money until the kids grow up.

Ryan ToysReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
how do you even know if it is botted views? basing it on comments alone isn't really a good argument since most kids that have tablets don't even know how to type or spell. repeat views are a thing too. I've seen my nephews do this especially on kid song vids.
Yes and kids app doesn't even let you like or comments. That's where a lot of our views are coming from too. Our target audiences are 2-5 years old. If they do comments, it comes out as random keystrokes because they accidently press on the keyboard

Reactions: MCNE

sickmind33

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I may not like pewdiepie, but I can understand his point of view. The numbers don't add up. All those views, and so little likes as well as comments? The parents having control over the content, and the kid is just kinda there. Until labor laws catch up to child based YouTube channels, I do not feel comfortable supporting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.