Very disappointed with Pewdiepie and his comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

toywithtoys

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
People in the USA see little kids working in the field or in the garbage dumpsters and quick to judge. When we were little we had to pick up cow dungs and sell them to get enough to eat. Sometimes, there were not enough cow dungs to pick because the competitions were fierce and we had to go to sleep hungry. Our parents did not force us to do that but if we did not do that we would starve to death.

We were lucky to escape Vietnam and settled in the USA. We want our kids to have what we did not have when we were little. We are working two jobs to provide for them. We don't want this life style and we are dreaming that by working hard on our YouTube channel we can be a better provider for our children.

We support Ryan Toys Review. Our kids watch RTR. It is a much better channel than pregnant superman or decapitated Elsa channel.

Last edited:

MasterDF

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
just watched his video.. i actually agree alot with what he is saying.. the mother is controlling the channel... the kid literally has no skill besides being a cute lil 5 year old whos being told what to say by his mother... He's 5 years old.. he's not actually reviewing the toys, his parents are... They decide when to film, they force the kid to make small statements about these toys.. Huge corporations are feeding him views which translates into money, and who gets that money.. sure as hell not the 5 year old! The parents are!

at 5:15 of the video.. he showcases a video that has 11million views.. it only has 9k likes and 1k comments (which are mostly bot comments) compared to his which has over 123k likes..

at 4:02 he talks about how the purpose of the channel is to make corporations money, how he's sponsered by walmart ("ohh we found a hatchime Walmart Exclusive!!!") I wonder where that came from!

at 4:35 he reads how the success of the kid translates into higher profits for larger corporations.. and how theres no child labor laws surrounding child performing.

at 4:59... " But the channel isnt about Ryan playing with toys anymore, wether hes going to disneyland, getting a haircut or running a fever.. his parents are the ones deciding how much to film and what to share.." so pretty much the kid has no say in this channel whatsoever.. his parents control it. the 5 year old is just the star being forced to do something..

His highest viewed video has 575 million views.. he should be an international star with that view count..

these are fake views, and fake subs for a channel that has a kid being forced to do something by his parents.
Hit it on the head. :up2:

Reactions: Pluto

JRTrax

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
It's entirely possible Pewdiepie was just playing. however he should know the power of the words he speaks. He has a lot of influence and at some point he has to take responsibility for that. I will admit that I did not watch the entire video. But from watching some of his past videos I can see how he was just joking. The video probably shouldnt have been made in the first place. But honestly it seems their are people on both sides taking it to far. I don't have a problem with any of you that have your children in your videos. That's what you do. All good with me. I would put my daughters in videos but they don't like the camera. I'm not sure what my point is really. Just that I don't see this as exploitation. I have full faith that most parents can raise their kids just fine. I also know at some point every youtuber is somewhat responsible for how their fan base reacts to their videos. Believe me. I have a lot I would like to say in videos but I understand what could happen if I did.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Here's our side of the story. Of course you can disagree and I'm not here to change anyone's mind. Everyone have their own opinion and I respect that. My son was watching other kids on YouTube for a while then asked me why he's not making fun videos like other kids. He even watch Nick Jr and Disney and ask why other kids are on there and he's not. So I decided it could be a fun project for us to spend time together and bond over. We started making videos for 2 months just for fun, I didn't even know you can make money! Then when I did find out, I thought how cool would it be to just make enough just pay back the money spend on toys! I honest was just hoping to break even so we can continue to do this fun hobby together. Never once did it cross my mind that I was exploiting my son for money like everyone is claiming. He truly enjoys this and always have input to what types of videos or toys he wants to play with. He still ask to make videos everyday. If he wasn't having fun, I have no problem quitting today! When the views suddenly went up out of no where and I realized I'm making more on YouTube then my current job, I thought long and hard what was the right decision for our family. I was a teacher and I was spending crazy hours working during the evening and during the weekend on grading papers, planning, calling parents, clubs sponsored events. I felt that I didn't spend enough time with him as I like too. I had Ryan right out of college and we didn't have much. Everything that he own before YouTube was borrowed and used. All his toys and clothes came from goodwill or pass down from friends and family. YouTube gave us this amazing opportunity to provide for him, move to a better school district, safer neighborhood, and we get to spend more time together as family. We max out my children college funds, we're been planning with lawyers on the best way to give them money for their future. We can't just save money in a bank because it was loss value over time. We also don't want to give him all as once because I'm afraid he doesn't know how to spend money wisely yet.We are investing on properties and stocks...etc The point is, he's well protected financially and if we do our job correcting, he will be getting way more than what's he's earning from YouTube once he's an adult. I wish people just didn't assume I'm a horrible mom without knowing our side of the story. Calling me names that's I don't care because in my heart I know I'm doing right for my family. If YouTube didn't happen, Being on teacher salary, there's no way we could save up enough to send our three kids to college without student loans and aids. As for the hatchanimals thing, we were NOT sponsored by WalMart or else we would of mention it. I was just curious to see the difference with the exclusive version vs the regular on....PewDiePie is smart and knows what to say and do to get views/attention. He did mention he doesn't know us personally but Everyone still just took his words that we're botting and forcing my son to make videos for money and that he will NOT get any of it! We don't have an army of supporters like him. No matter what I say, people will think he's right even thou he doesn't even know us and never spoke to us before. Yes we are getting lots of hate comments/reports/mean emails...and it's also hurting our views on current videos. I don't even mind the attack saying I'm forcing him because I know in my heart it's not true. However it hurts even more when people attack my son personally saying he's a retard and should die..etc...that's uncalled for. Thanks for all that support us and understand what we been through...
I feel for you guys. We're starting to get consistent hate too. If it was me in your case I would sue him for defamation and loss of income and emotional distress. I said from the start hatred should not be tolerated, especially unfounded allegations that affect your business. Sue him.

ImJustJoshinYa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I feel for you guys. We're starting to get consistent hate too. If it was me in your case I would sue him for defamation and loss of income and emotional distress. I said from the start hatred should not be tolerated, especially unfounded allegations that affect your business. Sue him.
i didnt really want to re-enter this thread... but sue for defamation... you gotta be kidding me.. to sue for defamation you must prove

• Demonstrably and objectively false
  • Seen or heard by a public third party
  • Quantifiably injurious
  • Unprivileged by law

she could not sue and win for defamation as in the first point of "Demonstrably and objectively false".. one could prove what PewDiePie is saying is true and not false.

Also... if you try and sue the biggest Youtuber of all time because he said something mean... then its a sad world we live in now where people cant even deal with critics.. not everyone is going to love a channel and be politically correct and be all lovey dovey.. Also a fight against PewDiePie is a fight you 99% wont win... and is not drama that Youtube needs.

Reactions: ocslushie and Pluto

Ryan ToysReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The last thing I want is more attention. Yes being in the YouTube world comes with the territory of being hate and criticize by others. It had been a hard week for me emotionally, but commenting back to him or sue him only brings in more attention and more hatred by others. Even after people comes out saying we are not viewbotting and the views to comments to likes ratios are from kids, people still think Pews is right. People believe his words like it's the bible and I can see that from reading some of the comments even after I explain my side here. Thanks again for all those that support us and understanding our situation. Only thing we can do is wait for this to die down. People are just really killing the retention rate and our views been cut in half on recent videos. I would disable the comments but when we spoke to someone from YouTube said doing so would hurt us more. It would lower user engagement and that does have some effect on how YouTube promote your videos.

Also as someone mention before,I just thought he would understand more than anyone how not to believe everything that you hear/read because of how many times the media say wrong things about him. The media made it sound like we threaten to dethrone him and we never even mention or care about beating anyone. People even thought we are paying the new articles to be in the news. We been getting a lot of request for interview this year, but we ignore them. We just want to mind our own business and have fun recording videos with my son.

Last edited:

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
I am serious when I say this but it may sound like I'm joking but what will happen to all these kids when the channel ends? Will they fall on hard times like "former child tv stars" we see a lot? Maybe keeping it in the family and not Hollywood might help but I do wonder about it

Reactions: Pluto

Ryan ToysReview

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am serious when I say this but it may sound like I'm joking but what will happen to all these kids when the channel ends? Will they fall on hard times like "former child tv stars" we see a lot? Maybe keeping it in the family and not Hollywood might help but I do wonder about it
Why would you think they all end a horrible fate? Yes there are many child stars that end bad but I'm sure there all also many that have a happy ending you don't hear about. My son will be set for life financial and isn't that what all parents what for their kids? We are investing for him so he can grow up to be what he wants without worrying about money. We are putting limitations on how he can withdraw money so that he doesn't grow up being spoil or blow through all his money at once. PewdiePie claims that he will never get any of the money is hurtful. Yes I know that being on the internet allows people to comments their thoughts and options but his words are more powerful than he might realize.

Status
Not open for further replies.