Very disappointed with Pewdiepie and his comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustJoshinYa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
whatever.. enjoy proffiting off your kids and making them do something so you can make money.

Reactions: Sam4God
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The following article came to my attention today via a fellow board member:

Now I did watch Pewdiepie occasionally, and did respect him to some degree for the channel he has built - we all know how bloody hard it is to grow on Yt.

However after his attack on @Ryan ToysReview, which is pretty much an attack on all of us running kids channels, I find him a childish, jealous, jaded man. Does he really feel threatened by a 5 year old's kids channel? I for one will not be watching Pewd's videos any more, nor supporting his growth.
I just watched Pewdie's video. Absolutely appalling to attack a child and his parents. Ryan Toys Review is such a cute channel. My kids love watching him and his family. It's sad that Pewdie had to stoop so low.

I actually stumbled upon his video about Ryan from the comments on Ryan's videos. They are now getting hate mail and reported. 168 people said that they reported Ryan's videos for abuse and child molestation!!! (in the comments of one of his videos). Disgusting!

This sweet family are just minding their own business, and enjoying their own channel. Ryan's mom has mentioned before that he asked to make a channel. My kids did the exact same thing! Kids see others having fun on youtube and want to do the same.

What Pewdie might not understand is that kids watch videos over and over and over again! Many of the kids watching Ryan can't even type! So, of course, his channel isn't going to have the same amount of comments as Pewdie does. I do not believe that they are buying views with a bot. My kids will watch the same video dozens of times!

Shame on Pewdie![DOUBLEPOST=1483781999,1483781644][/DOUBLEPOST]
just watched his video.. i actually agree alot with what he is saying.. the mother is controlling the channel... the kid literally has no skill besides being a cute lil 5 year old whos being told what to say by his mother... He's 5 years old.. he's not actually reviewing the toys, his parents are... They decide when to film, they force the kid to make small statements about these toys.. Huge corporations are feeding him views which translates into money, and who gets that money.. sure as hell not the 5 year old! The parents are!

at 5:15 of the video.. he showcases a video that has 11million views.. it only has 9k likes and 1k comments (which are mostly bot comments) compared to his which has over 123k likes..

at 4:02 he talks about how the purpose of the channel is to make corporations money, how he's sponsered by walmart ("ohh we found a hatchime Walmart Exclusive!!!") I wonder where that came from!

at 4:35 he reads how the success of the kid translates into higher profits for larger corporations.. and how theres no child labor laws surrounding child performing.

at 4:59... " But the channel isnt about Ryan playing with toys anymore, wether hes going to disneyland, getting a haircut or running a fever.. his parents are the ones deciding how much to film and what to share.." so pretty much the kid has no say in this channel whatsoever.. his parents control it. the 5 year old is just the star being forced to do something..

His highest viewed video has 575 million views.. he should be an international star with that view count..

these are fake views, and fake subs for a channel that has a kid being forced to do something by his parents.
I disagree with you. My kids watch Ryan and a dozen other channels. They will watch and re-watch the same videos a zillion times!!! I get tired of hearing the same things being played over and over again. Lol. There are several videos that my daughter has seen more than 20x each. Also, most of these are young kids watching. So therefore, they don't make comments or do likes. They are usually around 3-8 years old and don't or can't type.

RiffRaff

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian
Urgh there's some real dirty communist sentimentality in this thread *spits on floor*

Pluto

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When it comes to kids channel's, what's exploitation?
Because a child of that age cannot legally consent to anything, they are at the mercy of their parents. In a few years time, said child may not be comfortable with their face being all over the internet, watched by millions.

The safest option for everyone is to only put someone online when they're over the age of youtube's guidelines.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
a child is a child and doesnt comprehend the real world we live in.. so why is it acceptable for you as a parent to force your kids into work at such a young age for free, following scripts and making sure they do things your way.. do they have a say when videos get released? what products get reviewed? what is said in the script? when they want to film..? No.. thats you as the parent profitting off your kids.. even setting up a trust fund.. whoopdydo.. so what.. you pay for your childs future college while you as the parent profit in all the money coming in now... parents forcing their young kids to work disgusts me.[DOUBLEPOST=1483776328,1483776219][/DOUBLEPOST]Explain to me why you think its acceptable to force your kids to work and do exactly what you want on your schedule.. let your kids be kids! let them enjoy their childhood..[DOUBLEPOST=1483776446][/DOUBLEPOST]You want this channel to be about your kids.. Give them the camera, let them do the video taping and editting and promotion... otherwise, stop forcing your kids to do what you want so you can make quick money.
I can only assume that you are not a parent.

I have three kids and yes, I do force them to work. They have to help me in the garden, they have to clean their rooms, and as I write this I have just sent my youngest son into the kitchen to help his Mom put away the groceries.

I WISH I had something as interesting as a Toy review channel to involve them with so that they may learn techniques that could be useful to them in the future and that brought an income to the family.

Most parents love their children with an intensity that is hard to understand for somebody who has not yet become a parent themselves. If a child consistently expressed a strong opposition to being on youtube I find it unlikely that a parent would insist upon it. Not only that, I am sure that his discomfort would translate on screen and the channel would not be a success.

Your argumentation has all of the passion of somebody debating child slavery in China, it is comparing apples to oranges as far as Kids Toy Reviews on youtube are concerned.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's all jealousy on PewDiePie's part.. is he really threatened by a 5 year old? What does it matter? He is making a killing.. Wish people would leave RTR alone.. It's all jealousy.. I mean, I admit it, I am! lol

We do the same with our kids.. I ask them what they want to do and we do it. I sometime mention things and they want to play along. I don't force. Ryan does seem to love to do videos, you can tell by the way he acts in them.

Child exploration? HAHA Playing with toys is child exploration? Really? People come on.. get a life.[DOUBLEPOST=1483793945,1483793403][/DOUBLEPOST]

I have three kids and yes, I do force them to work. They have to help me in the garden, they have to clean their rooms, and as I write this I have just sent my youngest son into the kitchen to help his Mom put away the groceries.

I WISH I had something as interesting as a Toy review channel to involve them with so that they may learn techniques that could be useful to them in the future and that brought an income to the family.

Most parents love their children with an intensity that is hard to understand for somebody who has not yet become a parent themselves. If a child consistently expressed a strong opposition to being on youtube I find it unlikely that a parent would insist upon it. Not only that, I am sure that his discomfort would translate on screen and the channel would not be a success.

Your argumentation has all of the passion of somebody debating child slavery in China, it is comparing apples to oranges as far as Kids Toy Reviews on youtube are concerned.
Haha this is epic! Love it

Reactions: Scapestrato

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
For me there is only one type of channel worth roasting, and that's those stupid boring reaction channels where someone uploads a film trailer and then just sits and watches it. There's no creativity or entertainment value, hence why they can upload 2-4 times a day. That annoys the heck out of me. But for him to slate a perfectly acceptable channel that caters towards kids isn't cool. People are free to produce whatever content they like, and whilst I loathe the likes of milo stewart, I still respect her right to make what she likes, as I can see she does at least produce content that is of value to someone. I suspect he'll get a fair bit of backlash for it. Just be nice to one another, it's not hard is it. It's not like he's going to be crushed and never work on youtube again because of a toy review channel. Ridiculous[DOUBLEPOST=1483794646,1483794308][/DOUBLEPOST]
The kids do have a say - they wanted to do Doc McStuffins videos, and that's what we are doing. I wanted to do more Giant Surprise Eggs, but the kids lost interest in them, so we don;t do them now.

We don't force our kids at all. the oldest daughter wanted to make a video today, but I've had other things to do, so we didn't film today. The kids actually force me to start a video in many cases. they absolutely have a say in what videos we do, and how often.

We don't review products, we play with toys, do skits.

The kids have about 70% free reign in the script. We usually practice it first, then they run with what they want to say.

A trust fund is the best way to ensure the kids future is taken care of if something happens to us. It's the most fiscally responsible way to manage a family business' income. Confirmed by two damn good accountants. And whoopydo indeed, at least we have a successful channel generating income and can setup a trust.

You seem a bit tense about parents and kids working together. Perhaps something you want to get off your chest/[DOUBLEPOST=1483776810,1483776736][/DOUBLEPOST]

You know f**k all about my family or my kids. Don't even assume for a second you know anything about our life or my family. Don't even go there. My kids do enjoy their childhood, very much so.

A 5 year old can use Photoshop, Premiere, understand SEO, promotion? Really? Perhaps you were a genius growing up...

How old are you? I want to make sure I'm not talking to a child....

The money is not quick, it takes many many months to build a channel. Perhaps once you get past 20 subs you'll know what I mean...
Nice one! Stick up for yourself man, you have an awesome channel and I tell you what, I wish I'd had access to something that cool when I was a kid. Ignore them, people can be just awful.[DOUBLEPOST=1483794997][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, let me put all of you people hating on these toy channels straight. I grew up around child abuse, alcoholism, violence and crime. My mother sucked as a parent and I haven't spoken to her for about 11 years, and I don't think I ever will. I've had drunk men urinating on my bedroom floor in the middle of the night, been sexually abused, and seen more domestic violence than most adults have seen in their life. I've witnessed a miscarriage in front of my eyes at 13, seen a grown woman flip out after being on so many drugs she thought I was a monster, and I taught my baby sister how to walk because my mother was too drunk half the time to bother with her. That's just a small portion of what I went through as a kid so put this into perspective a little. You've got parents having fun with their kids that they love and adore, to call it slavery is just down right stupid. Quit being such a bunch of dumb fools and leave folk alone[DOUBLEPOST=1483795035][/DOUBLEPOST]
For me there is only one type of channel worth roasting, and that's those stupid boring reaction channels where someone uploads a film trailer and then just sits and watches it. There's no creativity or entertainment value, hence why they can upload 2-4 times a day. That annoys the heck out of me. But for him to slate a perfectly acceptable channel that caters towards kids isn't cool. People are free to produce whatever content they like, and whilst I loathe the likes of milo stewart, I still respect her right to make what she likes, as I can see she does at least produce content that is of value to someone. I suspect he'll get a fair bit of backlash for it. Just be nice to one another, it's not hard is it. It's not like he's going to be crushed and never work on youtube again because of a toy review channel. Ridiculous[DOUBLEPOST=1483794646,1483794308][/DOUBLEPOST]

Nice one! Stick up for yourself man, you have an awesome channel and I tell you what, I wish I'd had access to something that cool when I was a kid. Ignore them, people can be just awful.[DOUBLEPOST=1483794997][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, let me put all of you people hating on these toy channels straight. I grew up around child abuse, alcoholism, violence and crime. My mother sucked as a parent and I have spoken to her for about 11 years, and I don't think I ever will. I've had drunk men urinating on my bedroom floor in the middle of the night, been sexually abused and seen more domestic violence than most adults have seen in their life. I've witnessed a miscarriage in front of my eyes at 13, seen a grown woman flip out after being on so many drugs she thought I was a monster, and I taught my baby sister how to walk because my mother was too drunk half the time to bother with her. That's just a small portion of what I went through as a kid so put this into perspective a little. You've got parents having fun with their kids that they love and adore, to call it slavery is just down right stupid. Quit being such a bunch of dumbasses and leave folk alone

Reactions: JackJack

Pluto

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I do force them to work. They have to help me in the garden, they have to clean their rooms, and as I write this I have just sent my youngest son into the kitchen to help his Mom put away the groceries..
Its one thing to do chores. Chores teach work ethic and discipline, they're a healthy element of growing up. It's another thing to parade them around on the internet for ad revenue. You're right, of course its not slavery, that's absurd. What it is, is unhealthy in my view.

Reactions: ImJustJoshinYa
Status
Not open for further replies.