Very disappointed with Pewdiepie and his comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustJoshinYa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Can you tell me technically, how "corporations" are feeding views?

Are you privy to their financial statements and tax returns? How do you know they have not setup a trust for him? I have setup a trust for my kids, and a very large proportion of our channel revenue goes into the trust for the kids future.

Kids videos don't get likes and comments, because -- wait for it --- the Kids App does not let kids like and comment! also, 2 and 3 year olds, don't comment and like, they don't know those features, they just watch! If you have kids, and you observe how kids interact with kids video, you would be in better position to comment.

How many 4-5 year olds do you know that have a say in what the family does, or how a business is run. A child is a child, they do not comprehend the world until well into the teenage years. Of course parents make the decision, that's our job.

Being a kids channel and studying RTR stats publicly available, the views are not fake. It's impossible to fake views. Just today my youngest daughter watched over 3 hours of Ryan's videos. Multiply that by tens of millions of kids every day....
a child is a child and doesnt comprehend the real world we live in.. so why is it acceptable for you as a parent to force your kids into work at such a young age for free, following scripts and making sure they do things your way.. do they have a say when videos get released? what products get reviewed? what is said in the script? when they want to film..? No.. thats you as the parent profitting off your kids.. even setting up a trust fund.. whoopdydo.. so what.. you pay for your childs future college while you as the parent profit in all the money coming in now... parents forcing their young kids to work disgusts me.[DOUBLEPOST=1483776328,1483776219][/DOUBLEPOST]Explain to me why you think its acceptable to force your kids to work and do exactly what you want on your schedule.. let your kids be kids! let them enjoy their childhood..[DOUBLEPOST=1483776446][/DOUBLEPOST]You want this channel to be about your kids.. Give them the camera, let them do the video taping and editting and promotion... otherwise, stop forcing your kids to do what you want so you can make quick money.

Reactions: Sam4God

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
a child is a child and doesnt comprehend the real world we live in.. so why is it acceptable for you as a parent to force your kids into work at such a young age for free, following scripts and making sure they do things your way.. do they have a say when videos get released? what products get reviewed? what is said in the script? when they want to film..? No.. thats you as the parent profitting off your kids.. even setting up a trust fund.. whoopdydo.. so what.. you pay for your childs future college while you as the parent profit in all the money coming in now... parents forcing their young kids to work disgusts me.
The kids do have a say - they wanted to do Doc McStuffins videos, and that's what we are doing. I wanted to do more Giant Surprise Eggs, but the kids lost interest in them, so we don;t do them now.

We don't force our kids at all. the oldest daughter wanted to make a video today, but I've had other things to do, so we didn't film today. The kids actually force me to start a video in many cases. they absolutely have a say in what videos we do, and how often.

We don't review products, we play with toys, do skits.

The kids have about 70% free reign in the script. We usually practice it first, then they run with what they want to say.

A trust fund is the best way to ensure the kids future is taken care of if something happens to us. It's the most fiscally responsible way to manage a family business' income. Confirmed by two damn good accountants. And whoopydo indeed, at least we have a successful channel generating income and can setup a trust.

You seem a bit tense about parents and kids working together. Perhaps something you want to get off your chest/[DOUBLEPOST=1483776810,1483776736][/DOUBLEPOST]
a child is a child and doesnt comprehend the real world we live in.. so why is it acceptable for you as a parent to force your kids into work at such a young age for free, following scripts and making sure they do things your way.. do they have a say when videos get released? what products get reviewed? what is said in the script? when they want to film..? No.. thats you as the parent profitting off your kids.. even setting up a trust fund.. whoopdydo.. so what.. you pay for your childs future college while you as the parent profit in all the money coming in now... parents forcing their young kids to work disgusts me.[DOUBLEPOST=1483776328,1483776219][/DOUBLEPOST]Explain to me why you think its acceptable to force your kids to work and do exactly what you want on your schedule.. let your kids be kids! let them enjoy their childhood..[DOUBLEPOST=1483776446][/DOUBLEPOST]You want this channel to be about your kids.. Give them the camera, let them do the video taping and editting and promotion... otherwise, stop forcing your kids to do what you want so you can make quick money.
You know f**k all about my family or my kids. Don't even assume for a second you know anything about our life or my family. Don't even go there. My kids do enjoy their childhood, very much so.

A 5 year old can use Photoshop, Premiere, understand SEO, promotion? Really? Perhaps you were a genius growing up...

How old are you? I want to make sure I'm not talking to a child....

The money is not quick, it takes many many months to build a channel. Perhaps once you get past 20 subs you'll know what I mean...

Last edited:

ImJustJoshinYa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If your children are the main stars of your channel.. they better be getting 90% of all revenue coming in.. as its their work that is making you the parent money.. im sure you're going to buy a nice new car or house off your kids hard work.. while all they get is a future trust fund... ya.. that sounds lovely! you want to be a toy review channel, review the toys yourself and stop exploiting your kids. You force them to work, how in the f**k are they going to have a fricken childhood when you as a parent are dictating their lives... hopefully someday child exploitation laws handle this day and age and social media such as your channel and that kids channel and stop you from doing what youre doing. If the kids doing the work, they should be getting ALL the money... otherwise stop forcing your kid to do stuff that you want them to do because you cant do it yourself.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If your children are the main stars of your channel.. they better be getting 90% of all revenue coming in.. as its their work that is making you the parent money.. im sure you're going to buy a nice new car or house off your kids hard work.. while all they get is a future trust fund... ya.. that sounds lovely! you want to be a toy review channel, review the toys yourself and stop exploiting your kids. You force them to work, how in the f**k are they going to have a fricken childhood when you as a parent are dictating their lives... hopefully someday child exploitation laws handle this day and age and social media such as your channel and that kids channel and stop you from doing what youre doing. If the kids doing the work, they should be getting ALL the money... otherwise stop forcing your kid to do stuff that you want them to do because you cant do it yourself.
Man you sound jaded like a Youtuber that never made it. Keep working on your channel, you'll get there eventually.

Remember, less hatred makes the world a better place....

ImJustJoshinYa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
no.. i just deal with common sense and understand the difference between right and wrong. and in the real world, child exploitation and profitting off your kids is wrong and immoral.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
no.. i just deal with common sense and understand the difference between right and wrong. and in the real world, child exploitation and profitting off your kids is wrong and immoral.
I completely agree with you. You better get your passport in order, hop on the plane, and head off to some of these places;

www.google.com.au/search?q=child+labor+in+thailand&biw=1400&bih=858&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwiX8_qHya_RAhUMnJQKHa2tDwcQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=child+labor+in+asia

There's a lot of work to be done with child exploitation there....

ImJustJoshinYa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I completely agree with you. You better get your passport in order, hop on the plane, and head off to some of these places;

There's a lot of work to be done with child exploitation there....
while in america you have this form of child exploitation... @Ryan ToysReview

theres alot of work that needs to be done about this form of child exploitation

ImJustJoshinYa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
glad to see you dont have a defence for this form of child exploitation.

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
glad to see you dont have a defence for this form of child exploitation.
I don't consider a family making videos together to be exploitation. Exploitation is kids working at construction sites in Asia. That's what you should concern yourself with if you are passionate about the cause. You're still young, give yourself a few more years to mature and learn how the world works. It's not black and white, it's all shades of grey.

Status
Not open for further replies.