Very disappointed with Pewdiepie and his comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donald Forward

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Ryan's channel is legit and they built it up from scratch. Just because pewdiepie and mainstream media have only just discovered this channel and how big the kids niche is, doesn't mean it happened overnight. I realise many gamers seem to think gaming is the only big genre that exists on YouTube, but that really isn't the case. There are loads of HUGE channels from different niches to gaming run by creators who simply prefer to fly under the radar (unlike pewdiepie and others)

In terms of daily views (which is the best measure of a channel's size IMHO), Ryan's channel (and many others in that same niche) has been bigger than pewdiepie's probably for over a year. The fact that pewdiepie didn't even know this until a few weeks ago says a lot more about pewdiepie's ignorance and /or arrogance than anything else.
Ok I didn't say all that in terms of disrespect i'm just saying this in terms or theory and curiosity thanks for clarifying this to me.

CMTXRATED

I Is Batman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
The following article came to my attention today via a fellow board member:

Now I did watch Pewdiepie occasionally, and did respect him to some degree for the channel he has built - we all know how bloody hard it is to grow on Yt.

However after his attack on @Ryan ToysReview, which is pretty much an attack on all of us running kids channels, I find him a childish, jealous, jaded man. Does he really feel threatened by a 5 year old's kids channel? I for one will not be watching Pewd's videos any more, nor supporting his growth.
thats ridiculous, he didnt attack the channel XD, the only thing he actually attacks is how all the comments look fake and how the parents were most likely using their child for money. he also moans about the media and all of its bad tactics. pewdiepie is constantly used onb the internet as clickbait, the person that wrote the article didnt even need to use pewdiepies name but they did it for clickbait to get that bit of add revenue its pathetic really

Painter

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
thats ridiculous, he didnt attack the channel XD, the only thing he actually attacks is how all the comments look fake and how the parents were most likely using their child for money. he also moans about the media and all of its bad tactics. pewdiepie is constantly used onb the internet as clickbait, the person that wrote the article didnt even need to use pewdiepies name but they did it for clickbait to get that bit of add revenue its pathetic really
So in turn he does the same thing to RTR? Ryan's parents didn't write the article. He's a hypocrite who throws shade at anyone on YouTube who's very successful. He threw this family under the bus to make himself look good while knowing what his followers would do. If he's not bitching and moaning about losing subscribers and views, he's bitching and moaning about other people's success.

FYI, most successful channels on YouTube clickbait to some degree. Some more than others. PewDiePie is one of the pioneers of clickbait.

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't understand why people got so upset over this. He was actually being sarcastic... if you watch pewds a lot you can't take him serious so.

MarkRodriguez2012

Youtube Reviewer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
From what I read it's because his dumbass followers don't know him enough to know when he's being sarcastic and went to attack the channel and the kid that he was talking about. Imagine him saying your channel sucks in an obvious joking manner, then having your channel be bombed by his fanbase out of nowhere.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
The only argument any of the toy channel haters have are asinine assumptions.
"Oh they're botting cause it doesn't make sense!"
"Oh they're horrible parents because they force them to play with toys they like!"

Being the age of 28, I've ran through the typical know-it-all phase and thinking there is an ulterior agenda to things I don't understand. Grow up kids. If you don't understand anything, then be open to learning instead of filling in the blanks with your own fake stories. Skepticism is fine, but face it with objectivity outside of your already existing beliefs. Unfortunately, people of my age still carry such an entitled trait and it's downright sad. It's funny that RTR themselves clarifying things is still not good enough for the haters. It's just not worth it to give them any reply. No matter how many times you make it clear to them that the views come primarily from kids that do not comment or like, they still think you're botting. No matter how clear it is in the video that the kids are enjoying all the toys, they still treat it like they're being exploited for child labor. If it's not downright envy, then it's just plain willful ignorance.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I never liked Pewds for the jokes/humor. Which is weird since for the longest time I liked GameGrumps but I guess maybe it is no the same humor even if it seems it is? Now Pewds seems so fake and a d**k.

wickisworld

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ryan's parents just appeared on the Philip DeFranco channel. It's the first time that they have revealed their names. Thanks to Phil, Sean and Loann.

Thank you for sharing that! I can totally relate to a lot of what they say. Especially when they were asked about what they do when Ryan doesn't want to film and Loann mentioned that doing the videos is actually a motivation for Ryan because he wants to do them. It's just like that for us. In fact, if anyone ever has a day of not feeling like filming, it's us (my husband & I)!

Reactions: markkaz
Status
Not open for further replies.