Verification question

JudasTom

Reaction score
I have a question about Verification: Does It change anything? I mean If I pick for example Mexico as my country does that mean that search algorythm will promote my content at Mexican audience, people of other nations will be less likely to stumble upon my videos or will it stay as it is and It doesn't matter at what country you are? Because i want to verify myy channel and I want to know.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I have a question about Verification: Does It change anything? I mean If I pick for example Mexico as my country does that mean that search algorythm will promote my content at Mexican audience, people of other nations will be less likely to stumble upon my videos or will it stay as it is and It doesn't matter at what country you are? Because i want to verify myy channel and I want to know.

Hello. :)

I'm a bit confused. Are you talking about the verification with the grey tick by the channel name for large channels? What does that have to do with country? Country has nothing to do with channel verification. Verification is just to prevent other people trying to impersonate you. You don't get to choose a country. More info here -> https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3046484?hl=en

Reactions: JudasTom

JudasTom

Reaction score
Country has nothing to do with channel verification. Verification is just to prevent other people trying to impersonate you. You don't get to choose a country. More info here ->
That's the thing I wanted to see. Thank you ans sorry for this cloudy question- I didn't know to to wear my question in proper words:)

Reactions: Crown

JudasTom

Reaction score

I'm a bit confused. Are you talking about the verification with the grey tick by the channel name for large channels? What does that have to do with country? Country has nothing to do with channel verification. Verification is just to prevent other people trying to impersonate you. You don't get to choose a country. More info here ->
I finally got it: I'm from a non english speaking country but my content is targeted towards english speaking people and that's where veryfication comes in: I was scared that after veryfication my content will be recommended towards people in my country and not my target audience.But thanks to your response I'm surely gonna verify my channel without fear.

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I finally got it: I'm from a non english speaking country but my content is targeted towards english speaking people and that's where veryfication comes in: I was scared that after veryfication my content will be recommended towards people in my country and not my target audience.But thanks to your response I'm surely gonna verify my channel without fear.

Oh I see. No, don't worry. Channel verification doesn't limit the reach of your content at all. :)

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Your channel link on your profile doesn't work.

I searched YouTube and found a "RandomnessGalaxy" channel, however. It posts Undertale videos. If this is your channel, then you still have a long way to go before you are eligible for the channel tick mark. At your current subscriber level, all you can do is phone verification.

The channel tick mark requires 100K subscribers.