Vegas Renders but Doesn't Create Video File?

JoshXMayhem

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Hey guys, I've been having this issue with Vegas lately where I'll render a video but when it finishes there is no video file and so I have to render it multiple times before I have a video file I can actually upload. (Also, a lot of the time I have to make a new file and render it in a different location than what I normally do.) Does anyone else have this problem? I'm on my third render right now on a video and it is very frustrating. If anyone has any advice that could help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

-Josh

Symixstur

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been having this issue with Vegas lately where I'll render a video but when it finishes there is no video file and so I have to render it multiple times before I have a video file I can actually upload. (Also, a lot of the time I have to make a new file and render it in a different location than what I normally do.) Does anyone else have this problem? I'm on my third render right now on a video and it is very frustrating. If anyone has any advice that could help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

-Josh
so far my render doesnt have that problem. I'm using sony vegas pro 11. I'm not sure how to solve your problem though. Maybe someone here can help or try google them

brofistgamers

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
never heard of this problem before what i would do is change or customize the render settings on my sony vegas pro 11 other than that i can't really help you

TwinTails

Got music?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yeah, I've been getting that problem lately too... It seems to me it maybe something to do with that temporary .sfk file it makes when rendering and if you quit the render early, then do it again it bugs out. Idk, I cba to figure out how to fix it, Vegas has always been terribly buggy for me so for now the workaround is to render to a different folder and then move it to where I desire. Using vegas pro 12.

Lawlz

I has it :D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I dun have that prob man :( Every time i render a file it gets stored in my "videos" folder :) Thats the general pc vid folder ;) Maybe ya shuld check it out :D

JoshXMayhem

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
Thanks everyone, I ended up getting this one to work by changing the file format to one of the presets and put it in a different folder.

Yeah, I've been getting that problem lately too... It seems to me it maybe something to do with that temporary .sfk file it makes when rendering and if you quit the render early, then do it again it bugs out. Idk, I cba to figure out how to fix it, Vegas has always been terribly buggy for me so for now the workaround is to render to a different folder and then move it to where I desire. Using vegas pro 12.
I've noticed it happens when I stop it early too. Now that you mention the .sfk files though I think I might try deleting them before rendering again from now on when it happens.

Reactions: Jazzy