Vegas Pro vs Adobe Premiere?

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Which video editor of the two is better?
I've been using Vegas Pro for the past year or so, and have been pretty happy with it thus far, however, I'm considering moving over to and learning Adobe Premiere.
What are the pros & cons of each editor, and, in general, which would likely be the best one?

Elpixion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
vegas pro pros:
1. easier to use
2. doesn't require as much system resources
premiere pro pros:
1. includes all adobe CC applications
2. faster rendering times (according to a friend mine is actually faster on vegas)
vegas pro cons:
1. the HUGE upfront cost (which was not much when i brought it)
2. bad masking
premiere pro cons:
1. 16GB of ram needed for optimal editing (wtf is that s***)
2. monthly subscription

cost of vegas: $869AUD
cost of premeire: $348.08 AUD a year for JUST premiere
cost of adobe CC: $871.08 AUD yearly

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I want Vegas Pro and was almost tempted to see if anyone knew if it was faster than Movie Studio Platinum. I use Platinum, but when I'm working on my Scripted Crap, the projects get so big that it can lock up. I have the trial version of Vegas now.

odabaco

I've Got It
Reaction score
I can only speak for Adobe Premiere because I've not used Vegas, but Premiere does everything I need, fast, and I know I'm only using maybe 10% of what it can do.

My opinion is that if you have invested all this time into Vegas, is there any need to start again from zero with Premiere?

Unless you are looking for the CC suite and it's additional capabilities? I've gotta say the monthly fee is a bit steep, but when you consider you've got everything and more in that bundle then it works out as value if you use maybe 3 programs, like I do.

There are programs in there that sound awesome, but I haven't even had the time to try them out yet.

As the previous poster said, there are also add-ons, templates etc that you can get for premiere because of its leading position which will give you even more value! :)

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
vegas pro pros:
1. easier to use
2. doesn't require as much system resources
premiere pro pros:
1. includes all adobe CC applications
2. faster rendering times (according to a friend mine is actually faster on vegas)
vegas pro cons:
1. the HUGE upfront cost (which was not much when i brought it)
2. bad masking
premiere pro cons:
1. 16GB of ram needed for optimal editing (wtf is that s***)
2. monthly subscription

cost of vegas: $869AUD
cost of premeire: $348.08 AUD a year for JUST premiere
cost of adobe CC: $871.08 AUD yearly
16 GB of ram? What the f**k? Welp, looks like Im gonna need to get a computer upgrade till I start trying Premiere.[DOUBLEPOST=1503744052,1503743966][/DOUBLEPOST]
I want Vegas Pro and was almost tempted to see if anyone knew if it was faster than Movie Studio Platinum. I use Platinum, but when I'm working on my Scripted Crap, the projects get so big that it can lock up. I have the trial version of Vegas now.
Vegas is certainly better than Studio, but idk if it's faster.
I'd suggest giving your editor higher priority. That can be done through task manager, and will have your computer give more of its processing resources to the editor.[DOUBLEPOST=1503744142][/DOUBLEPOST]
I can only speak for Adobe Premiere because I've not used Vegas, but Premiere does everything I need, fast, and I know I'm only using maybe 10% of what it can do.

My opinion is that if you have invested all this time into Vegas, is there any need to start again from zero with Premiere?

Unless you are looking for the CC suite and it's additional capabilities? I've gotta say the monthly fee is a bit steep, but when you consider you've got everything and more in that bundle then it works out as value if you use maybe 3 programs, like I do.

There are programs in there that sound awesome, but I haven't even had the time to try them out yet.

As the previous poster said, there are also add-ons, templates etc that you can get for premiere because of its leading position which will give you even more value! :)
The potential of add-ons sounds pretty damn promising. I might have to look more into that.

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I never thought to do that. I keep forgetting about the deeper stuff when it comes to using a computer. Do you think that having priority will stop the lag from clicking off of the program to do something else and then back on? I'd try it now, but I had to go in to work today.... :(