Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Vegas Pro vs Adobe Premiere (Or other software)

Discussion in 'Video Editing, Recording, Software & Hardware' started by Scootakip [Lana], Feb 14, 2017.

1. Scootakip [Lana]
    YTtalk Mad
    Cash:
    $52
    Hey all. I was wondering what people usually prefer, Vegas Pro, or Adobe Premiere?
    I currently have the most recent version of Vegas Pro, and I have Adobe Premiere, but I've never really bothered to use it.
    What do you all think is better?
    Or, if you prefer something else, tell me. I'm curious what other Youtubers prefer as their video editor of choice.

Spook likes this.
  2. Niels Cornelissen
    Cash:
    $35
    I'm convinced that Adobe Premiere is a stronger and more effective tool to use, just like Photoshop is the best tool to edit images with.

However I have got to admit that I don't use either. I've tried my hands on Photoshop a few times. I don't like it. It's mechanics and lay-out feel counterintuitive. That's why I've stuck with the free paint.net variant, which has since always done the job for me. Because of my dislike for Photoshop, I couldn't ever be bothered to try Adobe Premiere, fearing its interface is as bad as its image-editing counterpart.

So, I'm still stuck using Sony Vegas Pro 13. I find that if you know how to use it, it has all the tools you need and these tools are arranged in an intuitive way (for me). However, I have heard that Premiere is a lot more stable and crashes less often. I have to admit that Vegas' stability is a real bottleneck in production effiency.

Hope this sketches my view on things :)

3. Spook
    Cash:
    $45
    Vegas pro can handle a wide variety of formats, but Adobe Premiere is the industry standard editor.

I started with imovie in 2005, moved to windows Movie Maker in 2007, Moved to Sony Vegas in 2008, then finally made the switch to adobe in 2010 and never looked back. I highly recommend using adobe premiere!

4. Cristy Ella
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $71
    I like sony vegas. Its wha I grew up using and I know it well

Spook likes this.
  5. Kush Patel
    Posting Mad!
    Cash:
    $39
    Premiere is the best program. You can do almost anything you need, and it's more than enough for most projects. Used to use vegas, but it's a lot heavier and not as featureful.

6. Ernie Jo
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $70
    Premiere is incredible, and with Creative Cloud they keep updating it and adding really powerful new features, some in the last year or so include being able to sync video with audio tracks (if you have a separate audio source like a mic for example), enhanced color correction tools, slo-mo features, expanded multi-cam editing, and a lot of other stuff.

I'm a hardcore Adobe guy and I love it :D It also plays nicely with Audition and After Effects which can be helpful.

7. Rieverze
    Cash:
    $27
    I've always been using sony vegas but I'm really interested in using Premiere. Although on the long know I know I'm going for a mac and go for the adobe package. But for now the good ol' vegas will do just fine :)

8. Delaan
    Cash:
    $18
    Adobe Premiere is the best, i use it myself to. I started with Magix VIDEO PRO X. I recommend this program for beginners

9. Dismal Bliss
    www.BDRC.tv
    Cash:
    $48
    I recently moved over to Premiere Pro and couldn't be happier with my decision. My workflow is more intuitive and simplified now that I understand the basic as well.

10. daniel burgio
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $97
    Answering from the futureeeeeeee. I'm moving to the Creative Cloud I think because I've been using Movie Studio Platinum 12 and 13 (Vegas lite, basically) for years and it's always, always, ALWAYS given me crap when working on larger projects. I do gaming videos and scripted stuff with lots of dumb special effects (created with help from HitFilm). I click off of Movie Studio to get an image file or do something and I click back on and wait for minutes at a time for the project to load again. And the preview has always been garbage no matter how powerful my computer and how dumbed down the quality is. Switching everything over to file formats Movie Studio likes doesn't help. I have to redo a major project entirely because I just can't work on it in Studio. Trying Vegas didn't help either. Vegas just adds some features.

I didn't like the subscription idea at first, but everything gets updated constantly and that's awesome. And for 75 a month, I can keep access to all of their programs and terminate my subscription at any time. The interfaces are clunky and harder to grasp, but the programs are much more stable.