Varying Mic Delay with XSplit

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've been using xsplit to stream once in a great while and I noticed that I actually have to use different mic delay times half the time that I stream with a console. Sometimes I have to delay the mic 2000 milliseconds, other times it's just a thousand and I'm not sure what's causing this change. Has anyone that uses xsplit or something similar up there like obs run into this and what causes it?

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Use OBS man you won't ever use anything else
So OBS never gives you that problem? Ideally I would like to find something that I don't have to keep testing every single time by making test videos to check syncing. I used to use OBS way back when but I didn't like the way I couldn't get the quality where I wanted it, but I was also using an old computer so that didn't help.

GBeeTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There's a lot of tweaking you can do on OBS especially for recording as opposed to streaming and it's far ahead of any other recording/streaming program apart from Elgato software.

I suggest downloading and picking up a guide on YouTube on how to configure it

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I wonder if it can work with restream. I use that site to stream to YouTube and twitch with xsplit. Xsplit almost seems like a paid version of OBS lol.