Utilising YouTube Search When Thinking Of Video Ideas And Plans

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Some people might not realise this even though it is quite obvious but the YouTube search that drops down with suggestions as you type is based on what people search for. For example if you type Michael in there you will currently see Michael Jackson, Michael Buble and so on. If you only type the first three letters of Michael so Mic it comes up with Michael Jackson right at the top, many thousands of people must search for his music.

Try another now How to dance, this will pull up quite a few more results like How to dance to dubstep. Dubstep is very popular at the moment and I believe it is also popularity based, type the first few letters of any chart singers name and they will be there.

Now you might be wondering why I am writing about this, what has this got to do with my videos. Making sure you know what is in at the time and what is popular is important for most people to be successful on YouTube, you have a whole search result of what is searched often and possibly popular so why not utilise this to create what people want from time to time?

If you are a Photoshopper doing tutorials a suggestion would be to type photoshop cs5 and then type a random letter each time until you see tutorials that people search often, you could go and make one of these yourself, I am not saying copy but do the same thing but in a different way so yours is still unique, perhaps add what they missed out and make yours better, anything to be better than or at the very least different to what is already out there.

You could want to do a video for the following search keywords "Rainbow Text Photoshop CS5", you could try something aimed towards a small audience and try "Rainbow Text in GIMP for beginners" as there are loads of people out there without Photoshop, think ahead of your competitors :)

You could try doing this every once in a while and making targeted videos because what is there today is what is hot. In five years time I bet if you type the same search as my own ones above the auto complete gives you different suggestions to what it gives me today.

A good suggestion is to write lists down of what you could do and then go ahead with your plans for the videos.

Please note making content for the sole purpose of getting attention/views isnt always best, you want to be yourself and do what you want to do but this can come in handy!

Thanks for reading and I hope this helps or inspires some of you :)

If you type like Penguin, it istantly knows penguinz0

I need to start making lists mannn. I always forge to make videos. but i dont have time atm. I need to get good GCSES.

If you type like Penguin, it istantly knows penguinz0

I need to start making lists mannn. I always forge to make videos. but i dont have time atm. I need to get good GCSES.

I like doing lists me, I do them for almost everything I need to. If you forget to do a video often maybe use post it sticky notes on your computer or something that you see a lot, you might remember to do them, I should get some of those to be honest. Are you in year 11 yeah?

I aint too sure but I doubt they're any more than a quid, type of thing you get from the poundshop :) Good luck with your exams too even though it is 2012 when you will be sitting them.

I aint too sure but I doubt they're any more than a quid, type of thing you get from the poundshop :) Good luck with your exams too even though it is 2012 when you will be sitting them.
Actually i failed both maths, and both science exams and both history. so ill be retaking 6 very soon.

Back