Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician

Bumpy200

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I always liked watching gaming channels on youtube. Especially the funny ones. I didnt care if the people were good i just loved to watch and listen to their banter. So i played games with my friends every friday night and we would have a few (10) drinks and start having what i thought was funny banter. One day it clicked and i was like "If these guys can do it why cant i." I have also always loved editing videos. When i was a teen i would skateboard all the time and film it and make montages of me skate boarding, or of me and my friend recreating jackass stuff. Now i still love editing and gaming, and im making videos off of it. But having a community behind me even makes it more worth it.
totally man it just building that communitty/fanbase that takes so much work.

Reactions: DidiCreates

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
totally man it just building that communitty/fanbase that takes so much work.
Yeah no one said it would be easy. I was surprised how early i earned my first $.01 and was like "holy s**t i can actually make money one this!" 6 months and $13 later, im still trying to get to the first $100 at a snails pace!

Bumpy200

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah no one said it would be easy. I was surprised how early i earned my first $.01 and was like "holy s**t i can actually make money one this!" 6 months and $13 later, im still trying to get to the first $100 at a snails pace!
haha..*I don't want money i just want to see that people enjoy my content

Reactions: DidiCreates

TheChillyPanda

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I've been wanting to create content on YouTube for ages but I'm way too camera shy and just gave up on that idea. Then I started creating animations/animatics and realized I had found an outlet to say what I want to say. Although, I was still really shy about the thought of people hearing my voice (I'm very self conscious about it) but I've been way more comfortable it since I first started!

Hulio

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Uh my post in this thread has no relevance - I definitely posted that in the thread "why did you start youtube?". That thread is gone and my post ended up in this thread... and makes no sense here.

Hopeless Insomniac

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
Hey guys!
As you can probably tell by the title, I can be a pretty shy person. I've had quite a few moments where I'd start up my channel, then quit immediately, all because the thought of having a large number of people watch me felt way too intense. However, I thought YouTube would be a good way to share my talents and get myself out there.
Tell me, why did you start YouTube? Has anyone ever had a similar experience? :)
This is certainly the same case for me! Sometimes I catch myself speaking very quietly either because I'm not very confident that what I'm saying doesn't sound silly, or I'm scared someone in my flat might overhear me. I haven't told anyone I know about my channel because I am so self conscious. Before youtube I had never shared anything I wrote with anyone and now that I have a safe place and platform to do it I have improved so much! Im glad you found this to be the same with you! Good luck with your channel!

AntoNeo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys!
As you can probably tell by the title, I can be a pretty shy person. I've had quite a few moments where I'd start up my channel, then quit immediately, all because the thought of having a large number of people watch me felt way too intense. However, I thought YouTube would be a good way to share my talents and get myself out there.
Tell me, why did you start YouTube? Has anyone ever had a similar experience? :)
I started Youtube because I was shy and want to expand my comfort zone...I still struggle with it (I have only 6 videos) but an interesting thing is that the only video I get likes and comments constantly is the one in which I talk about my social anxiety lol

Lekjih

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm shy and I really want to join in with things, so I made my gaming channel. I'm kinda wanting to share what happens as I go through~

Envision Adventure

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
YouTube has been a great way for me to start breaking out of my comfort zone. I was painfully shy when I was younger, I couldn't talk to anyone I didn't know. It's helped me become more confident about putting myself out there. Vlogging in public was easily and still is the most difficult part for me. Now I just feel the fear and do it anyway. It always feels great when I do something that I was kind of afraid of doing. In the end, I realize that it was never a big deal to begin with.