Using Youtube Promote Worth It?

Dismal Bliss

www.BDRC.tv
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'd be curious what your results are also. I have thought about running an adwords campaign, but I would want to create my advertising video first. What you are talking about promotes a single video within YouTube. I find this interesting also in that you only pay for clicks and that you can target an audience.

I don't mind paying to promote if I know that it will bring in results.

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I was wondering if anyone has used the promote option when you click down on the arrow next to edit on a video? You get to input the dollar amount you want to use to promote, and then youtube runs an ad for your video on peoples videos. Has anyone used this? I put in to plan on spending $10. They said the views can range from 0-1.4k which would be incredible for a small channel. What do you guys think about this? and if you have used it does it spiral to other success on your channel?
NICE - i'm really really curious how this works for you! Please let me know how it goes.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
I'd be curious what your results are also. I have thought about running an adwords campaign, but I would want to create my advertising video first. What you are talking about promotes a single video within YouTube. I find this interesting also in that you only pay for clicks and that you can target an audience.

I've just finished day 2 of a promotion with a very small budget of £3 per day.
I received 197 extra views on Day 1 and so far 209 on Day 2.
It's really useful to be able to target certain geographical areas and age groups. I can see exactly where the views are coming from in real time.

Reactions: Dismal Bliss

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Wow. I didn't even know that existed. Is it new? Please do let us know how you get on.
Think i Need to that youtube promte thing worth it
NICE - i'm really really curious how this works for you! Please let me know how it goes.

Since you guys are the people the requested information on how the promotion campaign went.

Here is a pic of some stats i got from just the ad video

For my channel I earned 2 subs (personally not worth it) and the video got 3,607 views.

What i will be doing next time is promoting a video specifically to sell my channel. The video i used was from my "I Won't Lose" series and it's not for everyone. Making a channel ad to promote could make this tool worth it!

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Since you guys are the people the requested information on how the promotion campaign went.

Here is a pic of some stats i got from just the ad video

For my channel I earned 2 subs (personally not worth it) and the video got 3,607 views.

What i will be doing next time is promoting a video specifically to sell my channel. The video i used was from my "I Won't Lose" series and it's not for everyone. Making a channel ad to promote could make this tool worth it!

thanks for being so open to sharing your experience! so you ended up paying $87.22 at the end of it all?

I wonder how much you made off of the Adsense for that (probably not a ton/enough to offset that).

I think this a great tool but like you said, when you're small it may be better to do a highlight reel type video of your channel's best moments or something.

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
thanks for being so open to sharing your experience! so you ended up paying $87.22 at the end of it all?

I wonder how much you made off of the Adsense for that (probably not a ton/enough to offset that).

I think this a great tool but like you said, when you're small it may be better to do a highlight reel type video of your channel's best moments or something.
When i first logged on this morning and saw the $87.22 i flipped!!! because i set my daily budget to $2.50/per day for 5 days. I went to go see how i could contact google and i saw a billing option. I clicked on that and it said i only owed $12.56, so im not really sure what that cost column is for.

Also the views i got from the ad did not count towards adsense at all. I think because most of the views came from people watching it for 5 seconds on an ad before a video.

Youre right, if i do this again i plan on creating a unique ad for my channel and not just doing a campaign for a random video. Also i plan on editing the demographic to select counties. a lot of the views close to 60% were from Vietnam, Mexico, Brazil, and Thailand. Im a hockey gaming channel...not the best places to show an ad for hockey stuff.

NewbieYouTee

Reaction score
No point trying to force people to watch/subscribe to a channel if you dont have the content to back it up. Seems like money down the drain.

First try and get about 20+ quality videos online, then try and promote it.

There are so many channels about these days. Its got to be quality for somebody to subscribe.

jwl9brla

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Lol, i just had this same question. I choose to pay $5 for 14 days so it's like $0.36 a day for 14 days which is less than a can a coke a day. A little extra push to keep me motivated is all.

Last edited:

entrepreneur

Reaction score
You can do this if you have some capital to invest in your business, because yes, Youtube is going to be your business, but i think you can spend that money better elsewhere on some SEO and video creation instead and that would prove much better.