Using Youtube Promote Worth It?

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I was wondering if anyone has used the promote option when you click down on the arrow next to edit on a video? You get to input the dollar amount you want to use to promote, and then youtube runs an ad for your video on peoples videos. Has anyone used this? I put in to plan on spending $10. They said the views can range from 0-1.4k which would be incredible for a small channel. What do you guys think about this? and if you have used it does it spiral to other success on your channel?

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Honestly the problem with any kind of promotion is that even when you get views, they dont guarantee you subs which what you should aim for imo. I think getting a good collab is better than a good add. Depends on on which videos the add is being shown, similar or not etc.

Reactions: Christie Levine

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Honestly the problem with any kind of promotion is that even when you get views, they dont guarantee you subs which what you should aim for imo. I think getting a good collab is better than a good add. Depends on on which videos the add is being shown, similar or not etc.
Thanks man, So i did a $2.50/pey day campaign. Im going to run it through friday, and see what kind of stats i get. $12.50 is worth it to me just to test out and see whats going on. See how many subs i can gain.

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Cool let us know how it goes and whether you get both likes and subs or just one etc. :)

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Cool let us know how it goes and whether you get both likes and subs or just one etc. :)
Its nice how its set up because you dont have to pay unless someone clicks on the ad, or watches more than x amount of seconds of the ad. Also you can target it towards certain viewers so you arent wasting you money. like my demo is 18-34 year old males. So i can just make this ad play for people in that demographic so i know im getting the most for my money. So my channel ad isnt popping up on some 25 year old girls beauty video. Fingers crossed i hope it works, its still in the approval phase and it says it takes usually one business day to get approved.

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Wow. I didn't even know that existed. Is it new? Please do let us know how you get on.

javacentral

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm currently doing an adwords promo and so far, I've gotten, I think, some subs from it and some views. I'd say, in the long run, it's not worth it. Better money spent elsewhere

Imran matloob

Reaction score
I have started to do the Youtube promote thing, every tho I am new to youtube. I'd rather youtube promote my video then hide it - Y'know? :D

Reactions: jwl9brla

David Perez

I've Got It
Reaction score
Think i Need to that youtube promte thing worth it

Cherry Tung

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
seems promising but I personally wouldn't try it. I'd like to spend more time, money and effort on actual content creation.