Using youtube as a twitch archive?

AnimeSpry

I've been live streaming a lot lately on twitch and having a lot of fun with it. I was thinking of putting it on my YouTube channel as well as the weekly gaming video. Do you think it's a good idea to repost a stream to youtube or would it be a better strategy to keep each platforms on their own?

i think the content expectation is different

on twitch, its about the live experience and interaction with the chat

on youtube, its about to-the-point videos that are specific to the search

longform content can certainly work on yt, but it depends which category the content falls into, and even then theres probably some level of editing involved

if i were you, id edit the twitch streams to make it more relevant to the audience youre advertising it to on yt

twitch isnt youtube, and youtube isnt twitch, realizing the difference is the key to make the most out of each platform

just imo though man do what you gotta do :)

I think you can upload highlights of some of your best streams, but I don't think you should archive a stream on your main channel. Maybe archive your streams on a different channel called like "AnimeSpryArchives" or something

i think the content expectation is different

on twitch, its about the live experience and interaction with the chat

on youtube, its about to-the-point videos that are specific to the search

longform content can certainly work on yt, but it depends which category the content falls into, and even then theres probably some level of editing involved

if i were you, id edit the twitch streams to make it more relevant to the audience youre advertising it to on yt

twitch isnt youtube, and youtube isnt twitch, realizing the difference is the key to make the most out of each platform

just imo though man do what you gotta do :)

Yeah I have thought of that, I'm just going to cut down the streams and make it a highlight video of the stream and put that on YouTube since each video won't be an hour or more long.

I think you can upload highlights of some of your best streams, but I don't think you should archive a stream on your main channel. Maybe archive your streams on a different channel called like "AnimeSpryArchives" or something

Yeah I've seen it inside twitch, I've never used that function yet. I just mentioned it to evanonymous I'm going to try to edit down the stream videos to highlights for that platform and see how that goes. If not maybe I could try the second channel idea as well.

I personally think you shouldn’t re upload and just let your followers watch your twitch streams and create new content for your YouTube channel that way your views can see fresh new content from you, but that’s just my opinion you should really do what you want to do it’s your channel.

Back