Using video clips from anime, tv shows, and movies

nastynas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian
My earlier thread was deleted (and I'm not sure why - as I wasn't asking how to break the law). I was just wondering how the big channels (such as Emergency Awesome) was doing it because that is what I wish to do. They include trailer clips in discussions to keep everything lively and that is what I wish to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
They may have been granted permission. We also don't know if the videos are being claimed by the studios.

DougieBoy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Usually from what I know about the copyright system, is if a clip, sound or music is under 30 seconds, YouTube's automatic system won't catch it. Doesn't mean it's not copyrighted. So be wary of using other people's stuff. If it doesn't come up as copyright, doesn't mean they can't come after you manually. As markkaz said, they've also could've been granted permission.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
My earlier thread was deleted (and I'm not sure why - as I wasn't asking how to break the law)

Your first version of this thread had the title "How to avoid copyright?" and was specifically asking how you could upload copyrighted content without getting caught.

Since this community respects other people's copyright and hard work, it was deleted.

You might want to browse our rules:

"Discussion about illegal activities such as violating YouTube ToS, violating Google AdSense and monetization ToS, breaching signed contracts, piracy, copyright infringement, hate speech, making posts/threads to deliberately cause drama is not permitted."

Source: http://yttalk.com/threads/yttalk-rules-quick-and-easy-to-read.127266/

I hope that answers your question as to why your thread was deleted.

Reactions: DougieBoy