Using Social networking sites as promotional tools

PansGaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I regularly post my videos on Facebook for all of my friends to see, which regularly gets me between 50-100 views on most of my videos, but I was wondering which social networks are best for attracting new viewers to your videos? It's all good getting a regular audience but if you're only advertising to your friends you'll never grow past your real life friendship group.
Anyone have any tips or suggestions?

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Facebook is definitely the best out of the social networking/media sites, other than that theres Twitter but you would need to be active on it and regularly updating it with tweets about your life, similar to your Facebook status as a lot of people wont follow people who just post things like links or videos. You could try joining video type Facebook groups where you can post yours up regularly for people to see, I dont know of any in particular but there must be some on there where people like watching new talent etc and posting their own.

PansGaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah I am on like vlog centre and stuff. What do you think about StumbleUpon? Is it worth posting them on there or is it just a waste of time?

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think its worth it but with any site you use to promote its best to be active there doing whatever they allow you to do so people dont see you as being there only for the purpose of promotion, the same applies here, people who post their videos and leave get far less attention than those who become involved in the community more. Find as many groups as you can and perhaps bookmark them all and update them every time you make a new video, come up with a list of things you need to do each time on all the different sites and it will pay off IMO.

Reactions: PansGaming

TimBarnumComedy

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
So I regularly post my videos on Facebook for all of my friends to see, which regularly gets me between 50-100 views on most of my videos, but I was wondering which social networks are best for attracting new viewers to your videos? It's all good getting a regular audience but if you're only advertising to your friends you'll never grow past your real life friendship group.
Anyone have any tips or suggestions?
I'm in the same boat as you. I'll share my videos about twice a day for three-four days, but it's tough to get more than 100 or 150 views that way. I have thought of making a Facebook page just for my videos. I've heard some people on here talk Reddit and, as you mentioned, StumbleUpon. I'm not as familiar with those as FB or Twitter. I'm going to keep an eye on this post to see if anyone comes up with anything new.

Reactions: Michael

PansGaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think its worth it but with any site you use to promote its best to be active there doing whatever they allow you to do so people dont see you as being there only for the purpose of promotion, the same applies here, people who post their videos and leave get far less attention than those who become involved in the community more. Find as many groups as you can and perhaps bookmark them all and update them every time you make a new video, come up with a list of things you need to do each time on all the different sites and it will pay off IMO.
Yeah that is a good point. I'll start up a Stumble account and post a few videos on there and stay active, maybe every time I go on facebook I'll open Stumble too, and see if it makes much of a difference.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'll share my videos about twice a day for three-four days, but it's tough to get more than 100 or 150 views that way. I have thought of making a Facebook page just for my videos. I've heard some people on here talk Reddit and, as you mentioned, StumbleUpon. I'm not as familiar with those as FB or Twitter. I'm going to keep an eye on this post to see if anyone comes up with anything new.
Don't really know what Reddit is or anything, I'll go check it out and see if it's worthwhile doing the same with that too.

Reactions: Michael

vizibilityzero

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
stumble upon usually gives me 50-100 views per video
reddit on average gets me 200-300 per video
twitter usually gets me like 5 as i dont really have a following on there
facebook gets me like 100 if im lucky
the trick is all in the labeling, think about what people are searching for relative to what your video is about and name it something similar. Just by using the sites above i gain 5-10 subs a day

PansGaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
stumble upon usually gives me 50-100 views per video
reddit on average gets me 200-300 per video
twitter usually gets me like 5 as i dont really have a following on there
facebook gets me like 100 if im lucky
the trick is all in the labeling, think about what people are searching for relative to what your video is about and name it something similar. Just by using the sites above i gain 5-10 subs a day
So do you just post each video once on there or do you post it a few times? I'd assume that if you posted too many links you'd get banned for spamming? And like Michael said are you active in watching/commenting/liking other people's stuff or do you use it purely for advertising your own stuff?

Ray The Video Guy

Learn YouTube!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I like using Facebook. Make sure you create a page and be active on it. Still post to your profile as well, but then use Facebook as your page and go out to similar pages and comment.

Next, I would start using pinterest. On pinterest, you can pin videos. If they are categorized well, you could get some more views and followers.

PansGaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Next, I would start using pinterest. On pinterest, you can pin videos. If they are categorized well, you could get some more views and followers.
So what is pinterest? I've never heard of it before. How does it work?