Using social media to get my videos & channel seen!

Jjisawesome25698

Reaction score
Hi, so everyone knows that you should use social media to promote yourself / get viewers. But how should I go about it? Also, how do I get people who see the posts to go to my channel? Thanks
J

Reactions: Andreassandström

Jjisawesome25698

Reaction score
So who says that ?

I've never used social media.

Put up content people want to see with a catchy heading and that's all you need.
Basically ever video I've watched about views said it. Is is not true that I should use social media? Thanks
J

Vedstedsen

Globus Travellus
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Social media is a double edged sword. If it generate the wrong views, watch time and retention rate goes down. Meaning the videos ability to create natural views goes down.

Don't use social media just for the sake of it, have a plan. And consider if the time and resources put into executing the social media plan is not better spend on the actual content.

Reactions: videoeditgr

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Social media is quite easy to use but the question is if it´s much help at all. Let´s say you have Facebook and/or Twitter and share your videos here when you upload to YouTube. Most of your FB/Twitter folowers probably know you have a Youtube channel and have probably already subscriberd then the share is more like a reminder. Maybe time is better spend on working with SEO???

vitofaber

I've Got It
Reaction score
i paid 50$ for fb fanpage with the aim of promoting my channel, but rarely viewers come from i, i use some tricks but it only generate click bait, maybe it will lead to google crack down my channel. so i stop use it and think about how to take advantage of it.

now i feel off that fanpage, i only have 50 subs atm, if i use 50$ to buy yt subs, maybe my channel will better than buy fanpage.

OldManTenno

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I see the purpose of social media is to get engrained into a community. Answering questions and getting them to know you a bit better. I think of it as a tool to use to interact when I can't be at my computer. Over 90% of my viewers come from FB and Twitter.

Weallstink965

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use instagram to grow a community and connect with my audience on the go.
I recognise usernames from instagram pop up in the comment sections and in my livestreams :3

People from instagram check out my youtube to get to know me more and support me.
People from YouTube check out my instagram to get to know me more and talk with me on the day to day.

I feel both help each other but you cant just use the account to promote yourself, you have to use it as its own platform with its own different content too c:

MindfulInquirer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I'm really not sure about Facebook myself, but I may be using it wrong. I've created a fanpage, so just got a few of the ppl off my friends list to join, and hopefully some people from their friend list will join... but as for posting in other fanpages that are relevant to the video, I've had very little success with that for some reason. You'd think a horror page would post your horror content, or comedy page your comedy content, and unless it's dreadful, you'd think why not, just post away, but they're very inactive and have their own sort of way of doing things and don't like people coming in from the outside trying to contribute. That's been my experience.