Using Reddit?

HalieCakes

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah I learned my lesson last year too, except it was on imgur (reddit's brother), which was even worse, they chewed me up lol ....never again :p

How do you go about self-promoting on Twitter and Tumblr?
You just post your content and hashtag that stuff! Twitter reaches a lot more people than you think. Tumblr...not so much.. I don't really gain any views from there...The thing that matter is, is that you are sharing your video somewhere else and it boosts the Youtube alithogram so you're videos may be seen more.

Reactions: AntoNeo

TheMileHighFiveClub

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Lol you guys are right about Reddit. My first video post after a while commenting and posting other stuff still got me nothing but dislikes.

Reactions: Brandon

Solid

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer
Hey everyone, Hope you guys are doing well today. I've been reading the guides on here on how to properly use Reddit. They have been extremely helpful, thank you all for sharing. I started using Reddit more heavily the other night. Posting on different subreddits while applying by the rules properly. However, It seems everywhere i posted my videos, people would find something i was doing wrong, point that out then get extremely butthurt. Over the fact i just started posting on that particular subreddit, and my post would get deleted. Have any of you guys came across this issue? and how do you get away with posting on numerous reddits for promotion.
Yeah, it's worth remembering that forums like YT and Damnlag are all about advice and constructive critasism. But Reddit isn't. I post there and yeah, you've got to be ready for people to act like you took a s**t in there cereal just because you like the colour blue.

One great thing though, is it prepares you for the eventual shitstorm that will come if your channel takes off

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
i really want to revisit reddit. there are sub reddits for almost anything, and I gained some views on my toilet paper forts by posting to the r/forts lol however, I've gotten the meanest comments from reddit also. Gotta figure it out.

I think as far as your question goes...how people find success on Reddit...i think it depends on your content. content is king. humor works really well on reddit too. if you post crap, it will be called out. I'm waiting to post more when i finish a current higher-quality project i'm finishing up.

Brian Benedict

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah, it's worth remembering that forums like YT and Damnlag are all about advice and constructive critasism. But Reddit isn't. I post there and yeah, you've got to be ready for people to act like you took a s**t in there cereal just because you like the colour blue.

One great thing though, is it prepares you for the eventual shitstorm that will come if your channel takes off
Yeah man this forum is amazing and extremely helpful, i figured reddit would tear me a new one. I just didnt think about it and started putting links in subreddits. If my channel ever takes off ill be prepared for that shitstorm though lol.

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Reddit is a battlefield, I stick to Twitter. :)

Brian Benedict

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
this thread had some interesting points, thank you all for giving me your input