Using Reddit to Promote.

stravy gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Since I'm new here I'm not really sure where to put this post, but I hope that it's on the right place.
To start with I do not have any information about this to share with you, but I wanted to create this thread to start a conversation on how and why you should use Reddit. Is Reddit a good way to promote your channel/videos? Do you have any good tips on using it, or you may know a good place to learn how to use it. I hope that this will help someone (especially me) and as my first post you may give me some tips on making threads like this. Thanks!

Reactions: Jonathan Ohlsson
Reaction score
This would be interesting to read about for sure! I'll stay and check out the upcoming comments :)

Pearl

Sleepyhead~
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
No, no and no!
Too many trolls are lurking about there!

Carl Hinton

Loving The Gameplay
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would have to agree with Pearl on this one, Reddit has a lot of haters on there. I can see why you would want to try it, but for the grief it would cause, I dont think it would be worth it.

Maybe someone with more experience could toss their opinion in the hat?

stravy gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would have to agree with Pearl on this one, Reddit has a lot of haters on there. I can see why you would want to try it, but for the grief it would cause, I dont think it would be worth it.

Maybe someone with more experience could toss their opinion in the hat?
I'd like to see that. Is Reddit that bad?

TwinTails

Got music?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Reddit is like a breeding ground for trolls lol. But I dunno, I've been there and I didn't see any. Was probably in the wrong place.

They don't allow you to promote yourself anyways, unless it's a really good video then it might pass.

Reactions: Talooka

stravy gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Reddit is like a breeding ground for trolls lol. But I dunno, I've been there and I didn't see any. Was probably in the wrong place.

They don't allow you to promote yourself anyways, unless it's a really good video then it might pass.
Thank you for the opinion. Do you know another good place to promote your channel? That would be helpful.

Carl Hinton

Loving The Gameplay
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There was a recent post by a top level guy from YTTalk on here about the hate he got from reddit type peoples. He gave himself a little pep talk after all the abuse he got and, as per usual, the YTTalk community boosted his ego back up being a great bunch of peeps that they are. Not to mention there are frequently horror stories in the press on the web about bullying, harrassment and general petty behaviour from reddit. There are some great people on there too, but I wouldnt go on there if it were me.

Your channel is great, your vids are good, just keep on uploading and I'm sure you'll grow !

Reactions: Talooka