Using Pinterest?

randomlilnikki

Superhero, geek, maker of the loud noises.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian
So a few people have suggested using Pinterest to promote my videos, but I'm not familiar with it (I have never used it) and I'm not sure if it is really a suitable place for my vids. Has anyone used Pinterest for videos sharing, or at all, and could shed some light?

skenkee

Mr. Blue
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I haven't used it myself.

But here is what I imagine what you could do. Write your yt in your profile description. Make random foto's and also foto's of "Making off". When you have a fan base on youtube they will probably follow you on pinterest and like/share your foto's. Also people from pinterest might check out your youtube channel.

Liking foto's from other people will probably make the other people check out your pinterest profile and might follow / subscribe

Reactions: randomlilnikki

randomlilnikki

Reaction score
Channel Type
I haven't used it myself.

But here is what I imagine what you could do. Write your yt in your profile description. Make random foto's and also foto's of "Making off". When you have a fan base on youtube they will probably follow you on pinterest and like/share your foto's. Also people from pinterest might check out your youtube channel.

Liking foto's from other people will probably make the other people check out your pinterest profile and might follow / subscribe
Sounds interesting. Makes a lot of sense, I guess. I don't know if I will bother to begin with, because it still confuses me plenty.

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I've never really understood social networking. One of the main things I read when perusing articles on getting more views for e.g. is 'promote your video on Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn/Pinterest' etc. But unless you have an existing following on these things, nobody's going to share your stuff or even know it's there. It seems like a bit of a 'you need a following to gain a following' thing.

randomlilnikki

Reaction score
Channel Type
I've never really understood social networking. One of the main things I read when perusing articles on getting more views for e.g. is 'promote your video on Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn/Pinterest' etc. But unless you have an existing following on these things, nobody's going to share your stuff or even know it's there. It seems like a bit of a 'you need a following to gain a following' thing.
Yeah. And I don't like the idea of joining stuff just so I could spam my vids at people. For example, I post my videos on tumblr, because I use tumblr all the time, same goes for twitter and facebook. But reddit, pinterest etc. I'm not sure it's worth it because I don't use them as much and it seems like spam to me.

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Yeah. And I don't like the idea of joining stuff just so I could spam my vids at people. For example, I post my videos on tumblr, because I use tumblr all the time, same goes for twitter and facebook. But reddit, pinterest etc. I'm not sure it's worth it because I don't use them as much and it seems like spam to me.
To me, things like Pinterest are something that's useful when you have a following who want to share your videos. Until then, you're better off sticking with Tumblr and places where you have friends/followers. It's a hard slug, all this promoting! I haven't told my friends/family about my channel cos I'd be too embarrassed haha, but I'm also lazy, can't be bothered to actually plug my stuff, so I'm letting the subs and views stack up as and when they will :D

randomlilnikki

Reaction score
Channel Type
To me, things like Pinterest are something that's useful when you have a following who want to share your videos. Until then, you're better off sticking with Tumblr and places where you have friends/followers. It's a hard slug, all this promoting! I haven't told my friends/family about my channel cos I'd be too embarrassed haha, but I'm also lazy, can't be bothered to actually plug my stuff, so I'm letting the subs and views stack up as and when they will :D
I considered not telling friends and family, but it turns out my sister is one of my biggest fans and shares my vids too, which is a help. Plus all my friends already know I am weird :p

mikelovit

Reaction score
Sounds interesting. Makes a lot of sense, I guess. I don't know if I will bother to begin with, because it still confuses me plenty.
Hi had to ask. What is so confusing to you about Pinterest?

Plain and simply, it's a photo-sharing social networking site. Nothing at all confusing about it. I had never even heard of Pinterest until I accidentally stumbled on it a little while back but as soon as I did I understood the concept of it straight away. I don't understand people that don't understand what Pinterest is or how they can use it.

You simply create a Pinterest account, then you can create "boards". Boards are just for "pinning" your favorite things to that you find online. That could be a delicious cheesecake recipe to something totally different like a nice pair of shoes. The point is, you "pin" it and other people can "repin" it or like/comment on it.

You can post all your videos on your own board. The just get followers and they will repin those videos making them go viral on Pinterest. There is NOTHING spammy about this at all.

If you're only and already using Tumblr, Twitter and Facebook for your video promotion you would be un-wise not to check out Pinterest as well.

You can login to Pinterest with your Twitter or Facebook account anyway so what have you got to loose?

Grab the bull by the horns girls!

Reactions: randomlilnikki

randomlilnikki

Reaction score
Channel Type
Hi had to ask. What is so confusing to you about Pinterest?

Plain and simply, it's a photo-sharing social networking site. Nothing at all confusing about it. I had never even heard of Pinterest until I accidentally stumbled on it a little while back but as soon as I did I understood the concept of it straight away. I don't understand people that don't understand what Pinterest is or how they can use it.

You simply create a Pinterest account, then you can create "boards". Boards are just for "pinning" your favorite things to that you find online. That could be a delicious cheesecake recipe to something totally different like a nice pair of shoes. The point is, you "pin" it and other people can "repin" it or like/comment on it.

You can post all your videos on your own board. The just get followers and they will repin those videos making them go viral on Pinterest. There is NOTHING spammy about this at all.

If you're only and already using Tumblr, Twitter and Facebook for your video promotion you would be un-wise not to check out Pinterest as well.

You can login to Pinterest with your Twitter or Facebook account anyway so what have you got to loose?

Grab the bull by the horns girls!
Okay, I should clarify that my mum was explaining it to me. (She uses pinterest) This is a much more sound explanation that hers. :p I have since checked it out and it seems alright. Most people that I know that use it use it for more crafty stuff, but I might try it out after all.

SimpleTreasure

Everyday WarpSpider
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
First read through this completely confused I though it was about pint rests, then I wanted a pint. but yah boards n such o,o. that said If you feel comfortable trying it, go at it with the will of nature c_c