Using own face for display picture/"logo" help!

Lekjih

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Right, so at the moment my DP is the stained glass dragon, which is busy as anything and not actually finished. The dragon is my actual logo (on his own, no florals), but I wanted to move to using my own face as my image. Problem is, I'm not sure on the best options. I don't wear make up in my videos and am not the sort to wear it for the DP to "lure" people in, but don't know if I should wear it, is that a thing? Also, I'd prefer the picture to be outside and include greenery, but is a bathroom genuinely better? (This is only a little bit tongue in cheek, honest, I really do need guidance here :p ).

Brandon

VISUAL.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I would do it outside, stay away from the bathroom selfie-esque type photos. If you usually don't wear make up, GIRL. Don't wear make up! Display photos are so small yo wouldn't even be able to tell anyway. I would keep it simple. Outside, behind a simple background. :)

Reactions: Lekjih

Lekjih

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Haha, thanks~!

sipilatommi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think the display photo should represent you and/or your channel, so if you don't wear makeup I wouldn't wear it just for the photo either. One thing to keep in mind is that the photo will be overlaid on top of your channel banner on your channel page, so might be a good idea to have them match on some level.

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
What @sipilatommi said, the avatar and art should reflect what you and your channel is all about. You don't want to "attract" people who simply come for the art and don't stay for the content.

If you feel like this is something you want to do and want to put yourself out there then go for it. But I do warn you some, there are some nasty people out there who tend to use things like this as a weapojn against you and unless you have thick skin sometimes it can be a bit much.

I hope you understand what your game to do and hope it works with your channel.