Using other social entities for views and subscribers etc

isn2011

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How successful has everyone been by creating Instagram and Twitter etc accounts linked to your YouTube accounts?

I have created both an Instagram account and a Twitter account for my YouTube account and I was just wondering if anyone else had done the same, and if so what was their experience with doing this, did they get an increase in views/subs?

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I found that Facebook has been the most successful for me, although Twitter has definitely helped with that as well!

isn2011

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I found that Facebook has been the most successful for me, although Twitter has definitely helped with that as well!
Okay well I have found my personal facebook account has been helping me out a little when uploading new videos, not getting as many subscribers as I like from it though, and then unfortunately my twitter account appears ignored and instagram slowly growing traction but not massively

isn2011

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
whilst we are on the topic of social media, how do you get the social media buttons at the bottom of the signature? My views obviously spike on a new upload, actually going a little mad at the moment

Lrulesok

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ive tried on twitter, facebook and vine and it hasn't really helped at all.

Sabrina

I'm going outside now.
Reaction score
I don't have any success with social media at all. :(
I've had a Twitter account for quite a while before I started my channel and have about 150 followers but whenever I post a video I get about 3 realtime views. And I've only gained 1 sub from Twitter. I don't know how other people do it...
There's even less happening on Tumblr. Even if I use popular tags for holidays or TV shows (if relevant) I get zero views.

isn2011

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thank you for all of your inputs :) - I have decided to create a facebook page for myself today, as a promotional spot, I shall obviously let you all know how that goes :)

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

TripleTorque

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I'm using YouTube and Twitter. Over time I'm hoping the exposure I have on Twitter will help with YouTube subs.

RATTLED

I'm the one who knocks.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Twitter is a strange one because people actually have to find your page before they can even see you've got videos there. Reddit is ideal because there are so many specific subreddits and you can put direct links into them!