Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Using other people's content in a video?

Discussion in 'Copyright, Claims, Strikes & Legal Discussion' started by Vossy96, Nov 13, 2017 at 9:52 PM.

1. Vossy96
    Cash:
    $5
    Hi! I'll make this quick and snappy. I started a channel 2 weeks ago, and I'm about to hit 120 subscribers. Honestly overwhelmed how quick my channel has grown and I've had some amazing feedback, especially as I haven't posted anything about the channel anywhere (I try to avoid fake subscribers I guess).

Thing is, I feel like I have a really good relationship with the viewers, i've been chatting with them through the comments and have a lot of the same people coming back. But I want to involve them a little more in the actual content, so wanted to make a competition where they submit their game clips (or send me a link to a YouTube video, or other ways), and I pick the top 5 and make it a regular thing each week into a video, but I'm not sure what the rules are on using other people's gameplay, even if it's their submission.

Thanks guys!

2. zhkopec
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $28
    Youtube doesn't care unless the other party files a DMCA

3. Stike96
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $41
    Wow, that's amazing growth, congrats! Yeah, using their content will be totally fine, especially since they are submitting it themselves. BTW you should put your channel link in under your name to the top, then personal details, and then youtube username, I'm curious to see it :).

4. zhkopec
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $28
    Vossy HD

5. KatyAdelson
    I Love YTtalk Moderator
    Cash:
    $4,048
    I moved this to the copyright discussion forum. ^_^

6. Hirudov
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $203
    There are many community driven channels on YouTube and using other peoples content with their approval is okay, BUT.... before they submit their content, they shall sign that they own all the rights to the content they submit and they have no objection that you will use it. This is your insurance in case of someone attacks you for whatever reasons - be it that you stole someone else's video (it can happen, you can't know for sure), or imagine if your video goes viral and someone wants compensation for his submission, you will get in trouble if they didn't sign anything in prior.

Shakycow likes this.
  7. Stike96
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $41
    Ok nice

8. Vossy96
    Cash:
    $5
    How on earth did you find that?! Haha :p
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 14, 2017 at 3:56 PM, Original Post Date: Nov 14, 2017 at 3:55 PM ---
    As the other guy said, Vossy HD :) Thanks for the reply anyway. Yeah I may put it past them in today's video, probably going to ask them what they think of the idea first though, would quite like it to be community driven
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 14, 2017 at 3:57 PM ---
    Ah thanks man! How would I go about doing that? Because it may be a case of them just tweeting me video links and such

Stike96 likes this.
  9. zhkopec
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $28
    It's the same name as your username here. :up2:

10. Vossy96
    Cash:
    $5
    I thought my username was Vossy96 ;) Checked your channel by the way and it's very interesting. Gained a sub!:up2:

zhkopec likes this.