Using multiple cameras at once!

DuncanT

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys,

So for my most recent video (BLENDER DESTROYED | Sour Drink Challenge) I thought it would be cool to try out using multiple cameras and I think that the result is really good!

Have you ever used multiple cameras in your videos? How did that work out?

- Duncan

ellelletalk

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter
I've done a multi-camera video once. It turned out pretty well, but I didn't end up posting it to youtube. It was more just of a lets-see-if-I-can-edit-this-together experiment.

Reactions: DuncanT

DuncanT

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've done a multi-camera video once. It turned out pretty well, but I didn't end up posting it to youtube. It was more just of a lets-see-if-I-can-edit-this-together experiment.
Awh, I kinda want to see it! It's a bit more difficult than use just one camera so I'm seriously looking for videos that have multiple cameras at once since it's more hard work!

Ciarra deBritto

Bringing your imagination to life.
Reaction score
Since you're using multiple cameras, I'm assuming you know of the audio sync trick? :) It makes using multiple cameras 10000x easier.

Reactions: DuncanT

DuncanT

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Since you're using multiple cameras, I'm assuming you know of the audio sync trick? :) It makes using multiple cameras 10000x easier.
Haha Yeah, I used the audio of both camera's to sync it and then deleted the audio from my GoPro haha!

Reactions: Ciarra deBritto

Ciarra deBritto

Bringing your imagination to life.
Reaction score
Haha Yeah, I used the audio of both camera's to sync it and then deleted the audio from my GoPro haha!
Well yes! But there is a way to sync the audio very quickly in an editor rather than tediously attempting to get all of the audio to align from all of the cameras. I'm sure you've seen those clap boards in film right? Where they say "action" and then clap down? That's to sync audio. You can do something similar. :)

Set up all of your camera angles, and before you start talking, simply clap! So when you go into your editor with the footage, align all the parts where you clap and bam! You're done!

DuncanT

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well yes! But there is a way to sync the audio very quickly in an editor rather than tediously attempting to get all of the audio to align from all of the cameras. I'm sure you've seen those clap boards in film right? Where they say "action" and then clap down? That's to sync audio. You can do something similar. :)

Set up all of your camera angles, and before you start talking, simply clap! So when you go into your editor with the footage, align all the parts where you clap and bam! You're done!
Hahah yeah I suppose that's another way to do it! I knew about that technique but I just used my own voice to align it perfectly! Worked out pretty good, thanks for sharing your thoughts Ciarra deBritto!

ashleynicholsonvlogs

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger

That's such a great tip!! Haha just creeping but thanks Ciarra :)

MrDooney

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thats a really good idea. Have the different angles to emphasize certain parts... cause I think thats what people with multiple cameras go for haha.

Grass Daddy

Reaction score
If you go that route try to use all the same type of camera so there isn't any video/audio problems. Some combos work great but others not so much. I didn't notice right away but when I sync'd my phone, gopro, and audio from an audio recorder they sync'd at the beginning but were out of sync by the end. Super frustrating.