Using Logitech Web Cameras for YouTube Videos

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
yes i have an extension you can buy them at any pc store etc and they come in varying lengths. So since she says its way better then my 650 lol by the sounds of it that and a tripod would work if your not going outside. Seems like a great deal to me if your near a pc.
I like the sound of it, the only thing holding me back is my partner wanting to get back on YT and she will likely need a portable one so spending now might not go down well in a week or two. I am going to go with the 920 after having a chat about it if shes happy with using it too.

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks everyone, I think I will go with the 920, it is a lot cheaper on Amazon than anywhere else right now at around £60 so say $100 roughly. I was thinking about using it in different rooms in the house, is there a USB extension cable you can get and have it work with these?

Im a little apprehensive about buying, I really badly want to save for a Canon 60D but that will take me ages :D Then theres probably all sorts on top of that I would need to buy. I have been looking at ones I consider mid range around £250 so maybe $380 but its still a lot. I will be sharing this with my girlfriend too as she is wanting to go back to making videos and she will want something portable. Its a tough decision to make.

@PrettyKeli is the quality much better on your camcorder than the c920? Which camcorder do you have?
I use a USB extension cord. It's just a normal one that came with my mouse.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use a USB extension cord. It's just a normal one that came with my mouse.
I have never had one before :D I am the kind of guy who always buys silly length extensions, for a webcamera I would probably go for at least 20 metres :D My ethernet cable is around 50 feet long and I only use say 15ft of it.

Your videos certainly show that a web camera can do good YouTube videos, I cant even remember your old video quality since seeing all your new stuff.

Reactions: NTWGRay

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have never had one before :D I am the kind of guy who always buys silly length extensions, for a webcamera I would probably go for at least 20 metres :D My ethernet cable is around 50 feet long and I only use say 15ft of it.

Your videos certainly show that a web camera can do good YouTube videos, I cant even remember your old video quality since seeing all your new stuff.
Right for the webcam its almost needed...at least for me. But if you just plan on sitting in front of the cpu with it its fine. And yeah check out the difference between my old camera and my new one.

MY OLD CAMERA:
MY NEW WEBCAM:

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thats definitely a massive improvement, the audio is soooo much clearer in comparison too.

Reactions: NTWGRay

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thats definitely a massive improvement, the audio is soooo much clearer in comparison too.
I noticed my voice was different sounding after I switched my computers (because I am using the same mic in both videos). On my old computer it sounded kinda muffed out a little bit. With my new computer it actually sounds like me.