Using Logitech Web Cameras for YouTube Videos

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Does anyone here any experience with using web cameras for making videos? I am looking into getting the c920 because it seems to have dropped in price a lot recently, I aint one for going out and about when making videos and the quality of this one seems rather good.

Would you opt for a HD web camera if you cant afford a decent HD camcorder? One thing I do know is I can use my girlfriends phone which records in 720p so I aint sure if this will be much of an upgrade from the Galaxy Notes built in camcorder.

What do you think? Any advice on this? Thank you :)

RogueNinja

Reviewer, no longer gaming :D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
last time i used a webcam to record it lagged out and let me down so i dont bother with it XD

Reactions: Michael

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
i have the one just below that one michael they 920 was too expensive for my uses at the time. The 920 has less usb lag and this 650 one has hd and is just the slower version of it. So basically what do you think of my webcam stuff? err I think I took it all down now that is the sound as long as you dont do anything fancy it works great. fancy as in move fast haha the usb lag can't keep up :)

basically if you just sit in front of the camera and talk into the mic it works well :)
otherwise its got issues
movement
sound becomes an issue if you are too far from the cam. eg : when I did the sock puppets to stay out of view i was too far from the mic.

VlogRays

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Does anyone here any experience with using web cameras for making videos? I am looking into getting the c920 because it seems to have dropped in price a lot recently, I aint one for going out and about when making videos and the quality of this one seems rather good.

Would you opt for a HD web camera if you cant afford a decent HD camcorder? One thing I do know is I can use my girlfriends phone which records in 720p so I aint sure if this will be much of an upgrade from the Galaxy Notes built in camcorder.

What do you think? Any advice on this? Thank you :)
I use this webcam: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcam-communications/webcams/7079
I got it at Wal-Mart for 25 bucks though...it sure wasn't 40. I use it for everything on my channel now. Oh btw mine isn't blue like that though. Mine is just a normal black. I got the webcam for that exact reason I couldn't afford a decent camera.

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I use this webcam: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcam-communications/webcams/7079
I got it at Wal-Mart for 25 bucks though...it sure wasn't 40. I use it for everything on my channel now. Oh btw mine isn't blue like that though. Mine is just a normal black. I got the webcam for that exact reason I couldn't afford a decent camera.
http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=&webid=375425&affixedcode=WW

this is mine its good except for the usb lag apparently the 920 eliminates that it was on sale when i got it for 60 $CaD the 920 is 100$CAD. I am curious to see if it does eliminate the lag but I dont want to pay 40 bucks more to find out lol

PrettyKeli

PrettyKeli
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use the C920 and it's totally worth it! I have both a high quality 1080p HD Camcorder and the webcam and I prefer the webcam! It makes the process a lot faster as far as editing and getting videos up in a timely manner. I only use my camcorder when I'm out and about, but if you record most of your video at home... GO FOR IT! I love the quality of the sound and the look, it's worth the money!

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks everyone, I think I will go with the 920, it is a lot cheaper on Amazon than anywhere else right now at around £60 so say $100 roughly. I was thinking about using it in different rooms in the house, is there a USB extension cable you can get and have it work with these?

Im a little apprehensive about buying, I really badly want to save for a Canon 60D but that will take me ages :D Then theres probably all sorts on top of that I would need to buy. I have been looking at ones I consider mid range around £250 so maybe $380 but its still a lot. I will be sharing this with my girlfriend too as she is wanting to go back to making videos and she will want something portable. Its a tough decision to make.

@PrettyKeli is the quality much better on your camcorder than the c920? Which camcorder do you have?

urbanlamb

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I think I will go with the 920, it is a lot cheaper on Amazon than anywhere else right now at around £60 so say $100 roughly. I was thinking about using it in different rooms in the house, is there a USB extension cable you can get and have it work with these?

Im a little apprehensive about buying, I really badly want to save for a Canon 60D but that will take me ages :D Then theres probably all sorts on top of that I would need to buy. I have been looking at ones I consider mid range around £250 so maybe $380 but its still a lot. I will be sharing this with my girlfriend too as she is wanting to go back to making videos and she will want something portable. Its a tough decision to make.

@PrettyKeli is the quality much better on your camcorder than the c920? Which camcorder do you have?
yes i have an extension you can buy them at any pc store etc and they come in varying lengths. So since she says its way better then my 650 lol by the sounds of it that and a tripod would work if your not going outside. Seems like a great deal to me if your near a pc.