Using Green Screen?

MasterDF

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Just got a new GS from the bf for christmas and finally trying to utilize it. Ive filmed some stuff on it and have an idea for it but have never used it with final cut. Honestly i havent tried yet but anyone have some good advice or tips on how to use with FCPX?

Brian Benedict

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Just got a new GS from the bf for christmas and finally trying to utilize it. Ive filmed some stuff on it and have an idea for it but have never used it with final cut. Honestly i havent tried yet but anyone have some good advice or tips on how to use with FCPX?
Idk what FCPX is, But i use Open Broadcast Software, its free. All you do is setup a chroma key to green then itll work.

Reactions: MasterDF

MasterDF

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Idk what FCPX is, But i use Open Broadcast Software, its free. All you do is setup a chroma key to green then itll work.
Lol ots fonal cut pro x. But im just nervous itll take me forever to make and it not turn out so good. So i just wanna know what im hetting myself into

Brian Benedict

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Lol ots fonal cut pro x. But im just nervous itll take me forever to make and it not turn out so good. So i just wanna know what im hetting myself into
Oh i got you, never used it lol. I just use OBS. its super easy. Let me know if you want me to help you using that software.

MasterDF

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Oh i got you, never used it lol. I just use OBS. its super easy. Let me know if you want me to help you using that software.
Okay awesome. If final cut doesnt work out ill make sure to hit you up :]

Tivo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've never used Final Cut. I use after effects and that may or may not be easier to use. I'd suggest that you make sure the green screen is as smooth and wrinkle free as possible(1), make sure the green screen is lit pretty evenly(2), and DO NOT WEAR GREEN OR A SIMILAR SHADE!!!!(3).
For number 1 &2, it is easier for the software to key out the green screen if it is closest to one shade as possible. Having wrinkles and poor lighting can cause shadows to be on the GS which could be a pain when you are trying to key yourself out in the software.

MasterDF

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I've never used Final Cut. I use after effects and that may or may not be easier to use. I'd suggest that you make sure the green screen is as smooth and wrinkle free as possible(1), make sure the green screen is lit pretty evenly(2), and DO NOT WEAR GREEN OR A SIMILAR SHADE!!!!(3).
For number 1 &2, it is easier for the software to key out the green screen if it is closest to one shade as possible. Having wrinkles and poor lighting can cause shadows to be on the GS which could be a pain when you are trying to key yourself out in the software.
Thank you! It really helps! :]

Reactions: Tivo

Chris Raynerson

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
There is an effect called Chroma Key in final cut. It should be fine as long as you evenly lit your green screen and then probably lit yourself, preferably in the 3 Point Lighting Set Up (Face, Side and Back). If you don't light the green screen or person properly, it'll become a head ache to edit and might not even be salvagable.