Using End Screen & Cards

Reaction score
I use End Screen and add three elements: Subscribe Button, Best Video For the viewers & Recent video.

I don't add any card as I think that the viewer might go to the suggested video in the card, which means he will stop viewing the running video & the audience retention for the running video will be impacted adversely.

What are the views of the experienced YouTubers.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Well hardly anyone will ever click on a card compared to an end screen element. You're right though a click will take them away from your video. I would do one of 2 things. Put the card near the very end (last 20-30 seconds) of your video that way they work just like your end screens adding a further layer of CTAs to your content. Or if you have a video that gets lots of views but really does nothing for you if its say not monetised in anyway then you can exploit that by placing your card very early in the video so that every one see it.. that way you can try to direct traffic to a video that may be more important to you.

Reactions: Dutchie Abroad

tahlia

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Cards have been really beneficial in creating links between my videos - the cards on my bigger videos bring more traffic to my newer/less viewed videos - but you're right: timing is key, unless you do want to destroy your audience retention by drawing people's attention to a potentially more interesting video 1/3 of the way through the video they're currently watching haha
At the same time though, would it be fair to say that if they click off the video that they weren't fully invested anyway and otherwise would've been likely to click off anyway? Because if that was the case, technically it's better for them to click on a card and be directed to another one of your videos than it would be for them to click off your channel altogether and onto some random suggested video, right? At least you maintain interest that way?

Reactions: Fitness Buffhq

CTAC

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I use End Screen and add three elements: Subscribe Button, Best Video For the viewers & Recent video.

I don't add any card as I think that the viewer might go to the suggested video in the card, which means he will stop viewing the running video & the audience retention for the running video will be impacted adversely.

What are the views of the experienced YouTubers.
End Screen - necessarily put the biggest tab New video on the channel for its fast promotion and development of the channel as a whole. If the channel's goal is to actively subscribe subscribers, then it is advisable to leave one of the buttons as a subscription. It is also desirable to place a playlist, but think over the placement of the video in it in advance. 4 can be used according to the situation and as needed. But as for me it is advisable to use all 4 places.

Reactions: Fitness Buffhq