Using Drones

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I've long wanted to get a drone for our channel (and the business I own), and finally invested - WELL WORTH IT.

Just posted my first video with drone footage and it's unreal how much a simple piece of hardware can help tell a story. If you're considering getting a drone, do it. Not only does it step up my creativity, production quality, and abilities...it's simply FUN. I can't tell you how many people stopped me at the beach when we shot our latest video and wanted to check it out.

Ours shoots in 4K and is incredible, especially for $850. Navigation, flight, User experience, and video quality are all top notch. First video we just posted isn't in 4K because the file was so massive the video took forever to load...gotta figure that out...so I re-uploaded it on a lower HD setting...still amazing footage.

Message me if you have questions. So pumped to be a drone flyer now.

DanAwesomeStuff

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I agree, although I've not taken my drone for a flight in forever! I really should get back to it, because like you said, ITS SUPER FUN!

Just checked out your footage and it's incredible quality! Love it, especially at the beach!

Reactions: FRANKIEandEMILY

Kev74

Reaction score
I love my drone man. I have a little footage with it so far. Still learning the basics. I've got a gopro session underneath it cause the camera it came with wasn't the best. Congrats on the drone!! They are fun!!!

Angelina S

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow what kind of drone did you purchase since it was under 1k and still manage to have 4K. I have a mavic pro and I love it

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I agree, although I've not taken my drone for a flight in forever! I really should get back to it, because like you said, ITS SUPER FUN!

Just checked out your footage and it's incredible quality! Love it, especially at the beach!
Thanks man! The beach was a blast to fly it at![DOUBLEPOST=1506968347,1506968200][/DOUBLEPOST]
Wow what kind of drone did you purchase since it was under 1k and still manage to have 4K. I have a mavic pro and I love it
I got the Autel X-Star Premium 4K ... it's incredible. I've never flown a DJI Phantom but it seems similar in body/style/etc. It's very easy and fun to fly and takes incredible footage...got it from Best Buy on sale for $799. Worth every penny. Check out some of our videos with drone footage if you want to see the quality, I'm still learning all the ways to export it properly from Adobe Premiere and look the way I want on YouTube, but it's still beautiful.

scott faulknor

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Ive got a Mavic. Wondering what settings you guys use? I shoot in 4k, but Id like to get more fps then 30. When uploading to youtube does it matter if your uploading in 4k or 1080? Im thinking I'm going to try to shot in 1080 so I can get a higher frame rate to get some slow motion.

Brenden

Message me if you need anything :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'd love to get one but one of the crazy rednecks in my city would probably shoot it down and sell the metal for scrap.

ItsMeRay

Hey there, Ray here!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'd love to get a drone! I'm actually working to save up to get myself a DJI Spark.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Ive got a Mavic. Wondering what settings you guys use? I shoot in 4k, but Id like to get more fps then 30. When uploading to youtube does it matter if your uploading in 4k or 1080? Im thinking I'm going to try to shot in 1080 so I can get a higher frame rate to get some slow motion.
Hi, if you are not a pro, the difference between 4k and 1080 is flexibility to use a part of the frame with not so much loss of quality. The end result of your videos change a bit, but unnoticeable for the not so trained eye, specially if it is for youtube or vimeo. In edition, 4k has more info, so you can play more with colour and shades. But again, if you are no pro, 1080 is much more pragmatic as for the computer handles it easier, and it stocks up much less memory. Also, the drone has to communicate more info with the screen, so it might be easier to lose contact. I have experienced that with my drone. Changing to 2.7k or 1080p helped.

Greg skYflYer

Reaction score
Agree with you ! Have the Mavic Pro and can have incredible footage !!!