Using Copyrighted Music

LifeOfRick

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Comedian
Hey everyone!
I am wanting to use a copyrighted song in my next video and I had a couple of questions to ask because I don't want to have any issues with doing this. I looked on the YouTube audio library under "Ad-Supported Music" and the song is viewable everywhere except 1 country and that I cannot monetize my video. Does this mean I am fine to use the song in my video as long as I don't monetize that particular video? Is there anything else I have to do? Sorry if this is a rookie question, but I just don't want to deal with any copyright problems.

Thanks!

iBreakMatter

I don't sleep
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can use that song but anyone from that country will not be able to view your video and you can't monetise your video unless you have permission rights to use it by the copyright holders otherwise it will count as a copyright strike. If you are using it solely for non-profit purposes you it is fine to use.

Reactions: LifeOfRick

LifeOfRick

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Comedian
I thought so, I just wanted to make sure. Thanks everyone!

Adam_Fitz

Dog Crazy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
OH, and somtimes it does this odd thing where it isnt viewable on mobile devices
Happened me around halloween, Using this is halloween from the nightmare before christmas :p

offbeatbryce

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
can't you get a copyright strike if you the policy for the song changes?