Using another vid for ours

LRwF

Super Poster
Reaction score
We were messing around before a sit down vlog - singing and dancing along to Falling in Reverse's Warped tour video. We think the video is hilarious, but wed like to have a small box with the video playing at the same time. We still are coming to grips with copyright etc so this would not be allowed right?

Should we just put up us dancing to it - but would the song from the iPad also be counted at copyright?

Thanks Hannah and Leon

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
Yeah, the song from the iPad would also be counted as copyright.

Reactions: LRwF

JohnKenShow

The YTTalk Godfather
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Reporter, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian
Don't monetize it.. or you will get the kabash slammed on you fast...

LRwF

Super Poster
Reaction score
Ok could we put it up without monitizing it?

Zerodecoole

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
caesar.wtf
Channel Type
Other
Ok could we put it up without monitizing it?
I think you can upload it without monetizing it and it would count as fair use, but I'm not sure.
A solution could be using different music that you're allowed to use in your videos, it's your choice of course but it would probably only work if it was just any song and as replacement for the actual song that you were dancing to.
You could also either mute it or put replace it with the copyright free music and add a caption with the original songs so people can just mute the video and play the actual song if they want to hahahah

There's also an option to contact the copyright holder of the song and ask if you could put the video on YouTube but just without the monetization. There's a chance it would cost you money or something with liscensing etc.
I don't know if it's helpful, it worked for me; I made this song in my videos for fun once and I wanted to upload it to Newgrounds so that people could download it for free so I asked the original artist if I could do that and explained that I was just going to add a link and not enable revenue sharing. He gave me his permission.

I hope this helped a little bit, I had no idea how to explain this.

Spriorite

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You wouldn't be able to monetise for certain, (The big evil corporation that owns the music will get the money) but as said, it could probably be put in as fair use. Youtube will recognise it as third party content BUT it shouldn't be an issue if there's monetisation.

I'd say go for it!

Reactions: Zerodecoole

derraleves

YouTube Marketing Expert
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Vlogger
I would say it's better to be safe and ask permission. As content creators it's best if we respect each other.

ToxicSludge

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you do put it up, make sure you give proper credit in the video description and/or video.

But of course as 100% failsafe get written permission :)

JeriKane

s h o o k e t h
Reaction score
Moved to Copyright, Claims, Strikes and Legal Discussion (and all of that jazz).

Reactions: LRwF