URL?

I really hope this is the right place to post this. So, I don't really know how to explain this, probably a stupid question but oh well. Anywho, my URL change into a string of letters and numbers instead of my channel name: Dan Coniff. I guess this is called an ID? Whatever it is, it's extremely annoying because if anybody ever asks me what's my youtube channel I'd have to tell them Youtube.com?UCg6yum29Gw5tyroru8HtG0A instead of just saying Youtube.com/Dan Coniff. Does this change once you hit a certain milestone like 100 subs or what? Can I change it back to my username? Thanks.

To create a custom URL for your channel, your account has to have 100 subs or/and be at least 30 days old.

YouTube requirements for a custom URL states you need 100 subs, have a channel to be at least 30 days old, have an uploaded photo as channel icon, and have uploaded channel art.

Last edited:
To create a custom URL for your channel, your account has to have 100 subs and/or be at least 30 days old.

YouTube requirements says either of those should make you eligible and two other things ("upload channel art as Photo Icon" & Upload channel Art).

Although, My channel is slightly pass a month and I'm still not eligible.

Covered it!

To create a custom URL for your channel, your account has to have 100 subs or/and be at least 30 days old.

YouTube requirements says either of those should make you eligible for a custom URL or these two other options as well ("upload channel art as Photo Icon" & Upload channel Art).

Although, My channel is slightly pass a month old and I'm still not eligible.

I think a channel has to be more than 30 days old AND have 100 subs, not one or the other.

YouTube requirements for a custom URL states you need 100 subs, have a channel to be at least 30 days old, have an uploaded photo as channel icon, and have uploaded channel art.
Thank you.

@Ishtiak Ahmed and others as well

If you can't create a Youtube Custom URL because your channel is under 100 subs and/or your channel is less than 30 days old - I suggest signing up for a website called Bit.Ly and making an easier to remember custom url. That way it's much easier to share with people. This is a short term fix.

If you have more than 100 subs and your channel is older than 30 days I suggest reading this --> Get a custom URL for your channel

Back