Urgent Question

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes; but you don't need it to either set up Adsense, or to begin the application process.

YouTube will simply not review your channel for rules and policy compliance until you have 1000 subs and 4000 hours watch time in the past 365 days.

What a lot of people aren't getting is this: Simply reaching that subscriber and watch time threshold is not a guarantee that your channel will be accepted to the YPP and monetized by YouTube.

Too many people are thinking: "I've reached the requirements for monetization! I'll be monetized in a day or two..." when they have a channel full of non-monetizable content.
Yeah I know there’s a lot of channels that have 1k subscribers and 4K watch hours, but they don’t get approved because of their content.

WatchMoses

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Nope, you cannot collect any money until setting up an adsense account and hitting the minimum requirements to collect revenue. There won't be any money waiting for you, you can only collect money made from ads after the adsense account is setup. best to leave it alone until you've set up an account, several YouTube videos on how to do so.