(URGENT) Need Help With SONY Camera Filming

WWKD 2

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

So on my channel I film pranks and challenges with my girlfriend. On my last two videos which were pranks the quality of my SONY alpha5000 looked terrible. Normally the quality is good when I have my light kit set up. Due to the video being a prank I could not use my light kit and by the time I was rushing to setup I focused my camera and waited to start my prank.

Im not sure if anybody is familiar with Sony cameras and Im not sure if this is for all, but I continually have to stop my recording and restart it after normally around 20-30 mins or when my video reaches 2 GB I believe (Correct me if I am wrong). I have to do that because if I don't it stops recording and turns itself off and many of times I get this please allow camera to cooldown message, which also turns the camera off automatically. This is extremely annoying and a huge inconvenience about my camera and when Im having to stop recording and restart it throws my camera out of its settings.

Is there anyway around all this or am I just going to have to invest in getting another camera. Also as far as my last two videos I had this really bad grain in the videos and the quality of it looked terrible, I looked up to see if I could find the problem and I heard a lot about ISO. Is there a good range of ISO when you are in a low lit room, but want to keep your quality from looking crappy?

Thank you,
Kyle

Spook

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Leave your iso setting at your cameras native ISO setting to avoid film grain. Brighten the footage by opening your cameras shutter wider to allow more light in! This is done by using a lower F stop value!

Many DSLR camera can only run for 30 minutes before having to hit record again or overheating. I HIGHLY recommend the Panasonic GH4, it's what I use! It has unlimited recording time (Well until the sd card is out of space) and doesn't turn off after 30 minutes, or ever! (Unless you turn it off or the camera battery dies!)

It also shoots in 4k

- Cheers! Let me know if you have any more questions!