Uploading YT videos on Twitter.

Reverofenola

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So I've been using Twitter for like a year to show my videos HOWEVER barely anybody clicks on them. Which is understandable considering how Twitter, Facebook, and other social media sites treat YouTube links when shared on their platform.

So I was wondering if it would be beneficial to upload some of my YT videos directly to Twitter. Is it helpful and do they allow monetization?

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I didn't even know you could upload videos to Twitter. Last time I checked, you could only post pictures as media.

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I've been using Twitter for like a year to show my videos HOWEVER barely anybody clicks on them. Which is understandable considering how Twitter, Facebook, and other social media sites treat YouTube links when shared on their platform.

So I was wondering if it would be beneficial to upload some of my YT videos directly to Twitter. Is it helpful and do they allow monetization?
Twitter has not introduced "Monetization" yet. Beside YouTube, the only platforms that enable Monetization are (Facebook, Dailymotion and YouKu).

Reverofenola

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Twitter has not introduced "Monetization" yet. Beside YouTube, the only platforms that enable Monetization are (Facebook, Dailymotion and YouKu).
Sigh, I guess that's a disappointment then. I just can't seem to get any views or engagement from Twitter though. Looks like I'll have to find another method. Thanks for the information.

AlexGotBeats

Blessed & Cursed
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
You can monetize on soundcloud too if you're a musician with original work. Obviously only audio files.

Reactions: zaffron

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
You can only upload videos up to 2:20 in length on Twitter. No monetization

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My videos auto link to Twitter when I upload but I rarely go on Twitter.
In fact the only reason I linked my YT account to Twitter was to get varified status here at YTTalk.

TheBeardedMountainBiker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
My videos also auto upload to twitter, to be honest, I've not really taken much time to see how many views come from there in the grand scheme of things. I just hope that maybe one of my followers might just click on the link.

Highfalutin' Low Carb

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
One technique that I've read about and use myself, is to upload your short YouTube channel trailer to Twitter. Then pin that video to the top of your feed. Now anytime anyone clicks your profile in Twitter, that video is front and center, above the fold, and plays automatically (without sound.) It's really a nice effect, and with good branding and header artwork, lends a professional feel to your Twitter profile. That's the only video I have uploaded.

I do tweet when I release a new video on YouTube, with a link to the YouTube video and appropriate hashtags. I get a fair amount of traffic from Twitter.