Uploading Videos Late

TechSpotJosh

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Hey guys. I'm wondering what you guys think about uploading videos late? Unfortunately my full time job has got the best of me and I'm running a day or two behind on my next video. I can't just upload what I have because it won't be complete. What do you do when you're late on a video? Update your subscribers via social media? Do yous till upload late then try to get back to the regular time or if your videos are a week apart move the upload date to where you last uploaded?

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I don't have an uploading schedule, so I don't know what that's like.

Dismal Bliss

www.BDRC.tv
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I guess this is a hard one to answer because so much depends on the nature of your audience and what they have come to expect from you. However, I will add that many of the big YouTubers that I follow, particularly the daily vloggers, will tweet about a video being delayed a few hours or if they are just skipping a day. So if they are expecting something with regularity, then it would be good to keep them informed.

I post erratically/sporadically so I don't worry too much about it.

Kristeen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hey guys. I'm wondering what you guys think about uploading videos late? Unfortunately my full time job has got the best of me and I'm running a day or two behind on my next video. I can't just upload what I have because it won't be complete. What do you do when you're late on a video? Update your subscribers via social media? Do yous till upload late then try to get back to the regular time or if your videos are a week apart move the upload date to where you last uploaded?
If this lateness is a one-off thing that happens very rarely, then updating would probably be the best thing to do. But if it seems like you're becoming late a good proportion of the time, then it probably looks bad to keep apologizing/explaining to subscribers. If you're having trouble uploading videos with your current schedule, I think it's probably time to re-think when you want to upload your videos and what you're capable of.

Conso1727

Pizza pasta mandolino videogiochi
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Reviewer
I used to have schedule issues because university was burning me out, but then I thought that you can't have issues with schedule if you don't have a schedule at all. It's I guess the best choice you can make, trying to estabilish guidelines, but not a strict schedule.

Reactions: Kristeen

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ive seen it where a daily vlogger would just throw up a minute vid from their phone camera. Quickly explaining the situation and get the 'real' video out next day. Im always OK with this as a subscriber.

Kristeen

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I used to have schedule issues because university was burning me out, but then I thought that you can't have issues with schedule if you don't have a schedule at all. It's I guess the best choice you can make, trying to estabilish guidelines, but not a strict schedule.
Thank you for such a well-worded post! This is pretty much what I've done. My guideline is currently to upload once a month, and any upload should go up on a Sunday (3:00 AM, GMT+8). That way, I have flexibility with some consistency.

TechSpotJosh

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Thanks for the feedback guys. As mentioned my content isn't the kind that I can just upload a 1 minute video appologizing. This shouldn't happen regularly, I missed out my Friday and Saturday this week because of family and work. My overtime ends st the end of this month so I shouldn't feel as tired in April.

XXXL Gamer

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
ive missed my last 2 scheduled uploads due to RL issues, I intend today to pick up my schedule from where it is and just have those 2 missed.
Not such an issue for me at the moment as I am a still very small but once the channel grows I suspect the subs will be more demanding.
I plan on creating extra content to avoid this in future.

TechSpotJosh

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
ive missed my last 2 scheduled uploads due to RL issues, I intend today to pick up my schedule from where it is and just have those 2 missed.
Not such an issue for me at the moment as I am a still very small but once the channel grows I suspect the subs will be more demanding.
I plan on creating extra content to avoid this in future.
Haha, I can't afford to be too late / make extra content as I cover the news. So if it's not recently trending it really isn't worth stockpiling (if that's what you meant.)