Uploading twice a day?

DrmZ

Reaction score
Hi,

At the moment I have just over 30k subscribers and I upload daily and have between 600k and 700k views a month. I make gaming video which don't take a lot of time recording and editing.

So I'm planning to upload twice because I have the ideas + time.

Anyone who also made the switch from uploading daily to twice a day? Curious if the numbers went up or not.

Reactions: Bruman

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

Personally, I think you'd very quickly burn out and get sick of making videos. The quality would suffer and people would notice.

Most viewers only have x amount of time to watch videos and they'll tend to watch the videos they consider to be the "best". Making twice as many videos won't result in twice as many views. :)

Reactions: DrmZ and Bruman

DrmZ

Reaction score
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

Personally, I think you'd very quickly burn out and get sick of making videos. The quality would suffer and people would notice.

Most viewers only have x amount of time to watch videos and they'll tend to watch the videos they consider to be the "best". Making twice as many videos won't result in twice as many views. :)
If I'm able to reach 1 million views a month it would be my full-time job. So the hobby turns into a job. So I have to sacrifice to make it happen. I spent 90 mins per video, recording/edit/thumbnail/uploading. So 3 hours a day should be easy for a full-time job.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
If I'm able to reach 1 million views a month it would be my full-time job. So the hobby turns into a job. So I have to sacrifice to make it happen. I spent 90 mins per video, recording/edit/thumbnail/uploading. So 3 hours a day should be easy for a full-time job.

If it were me, I'd do the opposite. - I'd upload less frequently but make better quality videos. My experience is viewers are willing to wait for good content and are more likely to share it when they watch it. Look at the hundreds of thousands of gamers who upload every day but who never grow. They're just doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Gamers seem to think they must upload every day because pewdiepie does it and he's a huge channel.

Good luck, whatever you decide. :)

cheynooo_

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
for me its quality over quantity, but if you can do it without ruining the quality of your work why not!. goodluck!

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
It sounds like your channel is doing very well if you are already at 600- 700,000 views per month. You should get to your goal of 1 million views per month quite soon.

Since you say you have both the ideas and the time to produce two videos per day, I say "why not?". If you find that you are burning out or the quality is suffering you can always dial it back down to one per day again.

A lot of YouTubers grow by testing out new ideas...so test it out and see what happens. Don't forget to let us know the results!

Recent

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi I Know it's kinda late to ask this but I don't know if you will even see this or but I just want to ask you What Tool do you use to make thumbnails?

Hi,

At the moment I have just over 30k subscribers and I upload daily and have between 600k and 700k views a month. I make gaming video which don't take a lot of time recording and editing.

So I'm planning to upload twice because I have the ideas + time.

Anyone who also made the switch from uploading daily to twice a day? Curious if the numbers went up or not.

HappinessAndHealthGains

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi I Know it's kinda late to ask this but I don't know if you will even see this or but I just want to ask you What Tool do you use to make thumbnails?
I use gimp. I had to get rid of Adobe and find something free. It's a bit of a learning curve but for creating thumbnails it's perfect and there are lots of tutorials on YouTube for it.

HappinessAndHealthGains

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm new and nowhere near to even uploading more often than I am, so take it with a grain of salt. However, from all of the research I've done I've heard that uploading more than once a day is not good and it leaves your content fighting against each other.