Uploading In Advance

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
So I’ve realized that once college starts up again this semester, I will have little to no time for making videos as I do now on break. Hence, I’m trying to make as many videos ahead of time as possible. But how far ahead I should go is where I’m a bit stumped.

I was curious if others prerecord and upload ahead of time and how far ahead are you on average? Are there any specific reason you are or aren’t uploading in advance?

DatMasterHunts

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I prefer to upload in advance. Currently in college as well, and what happens if you decide life wants to get in the way? Definitely a saver in a lot of ways.

Looped Fruit

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Iv'e done it before where I uploaded 6 videos in advance and put them all on private and over time I set them to public as the days went on.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I usually schedule 1-2 weeks in advance but I did recently scedule 2 months worth and coming towards the end of that schedule..
My numbers are really poor right now and I wonder if it relates?

Seansie

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Iv'e done it before where I uploaded 6 videos in advance and put them all on private and over time I set them to public as the days went on.
Have you ever tried schedule uploading? YouTube will publish the video on a specific date you choose. That way you can just schedule it, hit save, and not have to worry about it. It’s one of the options when you upload.

Abdullahx9000

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I usually schedule 1-2 weeks in advance but I did recently scedule 2 months worth and coming towards the end of that schedule..
My numbers are really poor right now and I wonder if it relates?
With numbers do you mean views, likes and etc?

Looped Fruit

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Have you ever tried schedule uploading? YouTube will publish the video on a specific date you choose. That way you can just schedule it, hit save, and not have to worry about it. It’s one of the options when you upload.
That's awesome, never knew that! Thank you.

BrettTaylorYT

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I generally try to shoot for uploading in advanced and having them set to schedule. I do this because I normally have a huge burst where I want to film a bunch, edit a bunch, and just devote a lot of time to videos, but then I’ll also have days where I don’t feel like doing YouTube at all so on the days where I’m extremely motivated I try to do as much as possible and get about a weeks worth of videos uploaded so if I do fall into a slump I still have videos going up and I don’t have to worry too much.