Uploading content that is not mine

Chen Davidson

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I don't own some of my videos in my channel. (I did not made them.) though most of my videos are original. can I still become a Youtube partner?

Cameron Dubs

Making David Cameron Sing!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Technically you could become a YouTube partner, but it is against the guidelines.

If you get caught monetizing content that isn't yours, then you will get copyright strikes on your account and also, you may have the risk of being fined a lot of money depending on the copyright holders.

Peter

Obsessed Guitarist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I wouldn't risk doing that. Why would you upload someone else's video to your channel anyway?

Chen Davidson

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I didn't upload someone else's video. I had a recording of a Beethoven sonata by one pianist, that wasn't on youtube, so I uploaded it and wrote in the description that I don't own it, that's okay?

Kate (Caitlin)

I make videos on the internet...I guess?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Ranter, Gamer, Commentator
You don't own it therefore you shouldn't have uploading it in the first place, if you can talk to the musian and ask them if it is okay and they give permission then it should be fine.

Chen Davidson

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
but there are a lot of videos on YouTube of famous recordings of pianists.
Kate, Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli died in 1995.

Kate (Caitlin)

I make videos on the internet...I guess?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Ranter, Gamer, Commentator
1. You never mentioned his name
2. It doesn't matter the content is not your to upload.

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Designer
There's a possibility that you could become a partner adsense wise but it's against the terms. You wouldn't be able to monetize the ones you don't own either but should be able to monetize the ones you own. It's a bit of a risk on its own, if you are going to try and become a partner I'd watch out as it could be quite dodgy.

MoD1982

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Lemmie put it this way. I put a lot of time and effort into my videos, and don't give anybody permission at any time to reproduce the content I've uploaded.

If I'd found out someone was doing this behind my back without my permission I'd do everything in my power to get you to take it down. I do NOT support plagiarism in any form, and if you're planning on being networked it means you intent to make money off of MY hard work.

Not sayin' you've done or are going to do this to me, but have a think about if someone had used your content.