Uploaded videos FPS halved

hwh

Reaction score
Let's see if there are some ideas here.

I am trying to upload a video at 50FPS. YouTube makes everything difficult, I have noticed. If I upload a 50FPS clip I get, wait for it, a 25FPS video. Generally. It's not consistent. It seems to have something to do with rendering settings. I don't know.

So, I tried uploading this clip at 50FPS in AVI, MP4, and webm. The first one of course was 25FPS. The second was...18FPS for god knows what reason, and the webm was 25FPS again. This happens on different browsers. I tested in Chrome, Firefox, Opera. I don't know what the issue is; no one seems to have this problem but me. These files are confirmed to be 50FPS by VirtualDub.

Now. I CAN upload to 60FPS. That's all anyone seems to care about. That does work.

Oh and the punchline is there is in fact a way I've identified to get a video playing at 50FPS. Upload it at 100FPS. I am not kidding. That is how it works.

Please tell me the way out of this b******t.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the recording / editing / production / software / hardware forum. :)

Laitz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
did you check the properties of the video? it must be 50 fps if it is no 50 fps than it might be recording isues...

TheAllSenses

Reaction score
Let's see if there are some ideas here.

I am trying to upload a video at 50FPS. YouTube makes everything difficult, I have noticed. If I upload a 50FPS clip I get, wait for it, a 25FPS video. Generally. It's not consistent. It seems to have something to do with rendering settings. I don't know.

So, I tried uploading this clip at 50FPS in AVI, MP4, and webm. The first one of course was 25FPS. The second was...18FPS for god knows what reason, and the webm was 25FPS again. This happens on different browsers. I tested in Chrome, Firefox, Opera. I don't know what the issue is; no one seems to have this problem but me. These files are confirmed to be 50FPS by VirtualDub.

Now. I CAN upload to 60FPS. That's all anyone seems to care about. That does work.

Oh and the punchline is there is in fact a way I've identified to get a video playing at 50FPS. Upload it at 100FPS. I am not kidding. That is how it works.
Quite difficult to suggest something without knowing how originally you record your video (mode) and rendering settings ?
Did you have a look at Frame Rate ?

hwh

Reaction score
Quite difficult to suggest something without knowing how originally you record your video (mode) and rendering settings ?
Did you have a look at Frame Rate ?
Are you implying that YouTube can't accept a 50FPS video if it was rendered from a 30FPS file? It seems to work fine for 60FPS. Not sure what you mean by video mode. It's computer video. It's rendered with x264vfw, but I have tried other codecs and they are the same, which leads me to the conclusion that there is nothing strange about how I render a video and pick a frame rate (not that I would want to do that, the point was to make sure YouTube would accept a 50FPS file before recording one).

Rather, that YouTube has some weird bug which I hoped someone else knew something about other than "double the size of your uploaded files just for a separately rendered YouTube copy and it works great." Cuz, that s**t is not a solution. That is unacceptable. I'm tired of YouTube's issues and working around them.

Laitz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Are you implying that YouTube can't accept a 50FPS video if it was rendered from a 30FPS file? It seems to work fine for 60FPS. Not sure what you mean by video mode. It's computer video. It's rendered with x264vfw, but I have tried other codecs and they are the same, which leads me to the conclusion that there is nothing strange about how I render a video and pick a frame rate (not that I would want to do that, the point was to make sure YouTube would accept a 50FPS file before recording one).

Rather, that YouTube has some weird bug which I hoped someone else knew something about other than "double the size of your uploaded files just for a separately rendered YouTube copy and it works great." Cuz, that s**t is not a solution. That is unacceptable. I'm tired of YouTube's issues and working around them.
I usually record my content at 50 fps as well.
After editing the video file must be 50 FPS randered. The last file your trying to upload must have 50 FPS properties, i have no issues with 50 fps on my yt channel.
You can increase FPS as well if you resize time and make video faster in timing than usually it is.
The problem is always the original video. Change your recording settings to 50 FPS.

Dave Pollack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Sounds like you're getting angry because people on an internet forum aren't giving you the exact FREE answer you want to hear. If you're tired of YouTube's issues, post your videos on another platform and stop whining on here. You sound like some of my elementary school students.

hwh

Reaction score
Sounds like you're getting angry because people on an internet forum aren't giving you the exact FREE answer you want to hear. If you're tired of YouTube's issues, post your videos on another platform and stop whining on here. You sound like some of my elementary school students.
It sounds like YOU'RE picking a fight with a stranger because your elementary school students are getting to you. If I have any issue with this forum, it's that there is no answer, not that "I'm not getting the exact free answer" I want. That's some straw man s**t you're pulling there, in case you happen to be a logic instructor.

As far as YouTube, I'm afraid there is no substitute. I'm not going to move to a lesser platform because you can't handle my frustration with YouTube's serious flaws in my topic you posted no help in. Inflammatory spammer.

I usually record my content at 50 fps as well.
After editing the video file must be 50 FPS randered. The last file your trying to upload must have 50 FPS properties, i have no issues with 50 fps on my yt channel.
You can increase FPS as well if you resize time and make video faster in timing than usually it is.
The problem is always the original video. Change your recording settings to 50 FPS.
I tried it and it works just fine. Strange. It seems YouTube is somehow detecting the original FPS and doing something weird with it (as I mentioned, it halved the ones I made unless they were "spoof rendered" at 60 to begin with, which is why this result is unexpected). That works for me. Thanks for the help, Laitz.

Reactions: Laitz

Dave Pollack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
It sounds like YOU'RE picking a fight with a stranger because your elementary school students are getting to you. If I have any issue with this forum, it's that there is no answer, not that "I'm not getting the exact free answer" I want. That's some straw man s**t you're pulling there, in case you happen to be a logic instructor.

As far as YouTube, I'm afraid there is no substitute. I'm not going to move to a lesser platform because you can't handle my frustration with YouTube's serious flaws in my topic you posted no help in. Inflammatory spammer.

I tried it and it works just fine. Strange. It seems YouTube is somehow detecting the original FPS and doing something weird with it (as I mentioned, it halved the ones I made unless they were "spoof rendered" at 60 to begin with, which is why this result is unexpected). That works for me. Thanks for the help, Laitz.
Hahahahahahahaha <3