Upload multiple videos all at once or space them out?

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I am sure this has been asked before, but I can't find it by searching. Anyway, I am just wondering from a strategy and YT ranking point of view, is it better to release multiple new videos at the same time or space them out?

Reactions: allthingstodd

Freyal

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't know about YT ranking, but if you're talking about releasing them in a batch (such as on the same day), or releasing them on a normal upload schedule, I would always go with spacing out.

I've always been told it's better to have a routine that people can look forward to. If you release a batch, it's going to continue to be expected. Of course, I'm not an expert by any means. I just know as a viewer myself, a spaced out series has brought me back to a channel more often than a batch.

Reactions: Jungle Explorer

Jungle Explorer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Yeah. I agree from a subscriber standpoint, it makes more sense. Unfortunately, I don't really have any kind of a schedule anyways, since YT is not my primary job. I just make videos whenever the opportunity presents itself or I have an idea for a video. I normally make three or four videos at once, when I do because I don't have a studio and I have to set up and tear down after a shoot which takes a few hours each.

allthingstodd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Reporter, Vlogger, Comedian, Commentator
I am sure this has been asked before, but I can't find it by searching. Anyway, I am just wondering from a strategy and YT ranking point of view, is it better to release multiple new videos at the same time or space them out?
Spacing out works best imo. That way you have a better chance of reaching a larger audience.

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Definitely space them out, for the simple reason that otherwise your videos would be competing among themselves. If you upload multiple videos, your subscribers will have to choose what to watch, especially if they only have time to watch one. So I would space them out over several days, preferably upload on the same time every day (the YT algorithm likes this)
I just make videos whenever the opportunity presents itself or I have an idea for a video. I normally make three or four videos at once, when I do because I don't have a studio and I have to set up and tear down after a shoot which takes a few hours each.
That's completely fine. If you finish editing multiple at the same time, just use Youtubes Schedule option to plan when the video comes out :) Then you don't have to stress about it.

FawX

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would personally space them out, try and get some kind of video schedule going and from there you can see how people respond to videos coming out closer together and how people respond to the weekly routine side of things. Experimenting is always the way to get a concrete answer tailored to your experience.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If I was a new channel / no subs I would throw them all out at once
But if I have already built a subscriber base I would want to schedule them out daily/bi daily

MrBigKid

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
Create your videos, then upload them using YT’s scheduling feature.
Space them out weekly or bi weekly if you have enough content. Keep producing and uploading on a schedule.
Think of your channel as a TV show, do you want your show to release bunch of episodes at once then not know when the next will be released? Or would you rather know when the next episodes are coming out?

601Travels

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I used to upload multiple at one time and then go weeks with nothing (in the beginning). Now I schedule them when I upload - put it on autopilot and go create more content to schedule.

Reactions: Mcrocks9