Upload Frequency

AaronSonyi

Reaction score
Hey guys. I upload funny review vids about instagram comedy, twitter, basically anything I can make fun of in a sense. My creative juices aren't always flowing and I also don't always have time to script my ideas so I can usually only post once a week or once every 6 days at the most. I've been tempted to take a 2 week-1 month break to stock up on videos so I can "post" more frequently since they say you should post at least 3x a week to build a following. Has anyone done this or is this even a good idea? Any advice or tips are appreciate. Thanks!

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
i hate this question lol. And I may not be best person to answer cus my channel is small (but growin). But I always think your upload frequency should be like this.. > upload your video only when you have something worthwhile uploading and only when/if you are satisfied that its good quality and offers some value to the person watching. .. and Never > oh must upload a video because its Friday and I can't think for myself so I'll let the clock dictate my life.
I like how you expose the clickbait reseller vermin on youtube in your Be a better Adult upload!. cool.

AaronSonyi

Reaction score
i hate this question lol. And I may not be best person to answer cus my channel is small (but growin). But I always think your upload frequency should be like this.. > upload your video only when you have something worthwhile uploading and only when/if you are satisfied that its good quality and offers some value to the person watching. .. and Never > oh must upload a video because its Friday and I can't think for myself so I'll let the clock dictate my life.
I like how you expose the clickbait reseller vermin on youtube in your Be a better Adult upload!. cool.
I always end up stressing out cuz I can't pull a good idea out of thin air and when it gets to be a week between posts I try to force it lol. That just leads to frustration and discouragement. Especially when I refuse to let quality take a dive just to get more quantity. And I'm glad you liked my vid lol. That was a fun one to make!

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
i guess you gotta spend some time away from the computer out and about places that you might find some ideas or inspirations. Your stuff all looks really original. Thats good. It won't upset the balance at all if you drew some inspiration from similar channels.. see whats working or trending for them and do something similar. That might be a quick fix cheat for the odd video now and again.

Reactions: AaronSonyi
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
Was just about to ask a similar question. Since our YT channel does animation, 3d animation at that, our uploads aren't gonna be the fastest. Once we upload our first episode this coming Friday, the next one won't be until September. We all have roles with the creation of this channel and we only have one animator and she wants the content to be good quality. Of course, right. The only other channel I can think of with a similar post history is Lukas the Spider since that channel also only has one animator. The good thing though about spaced out uploads is that it will allow time for the marketer to promote the content so as to grow the audience. When you upload quickly...there's not a lot of time to promote a said video. I think that's essential for YT start ups.

AaronSonyi

Reaction score
Was just about to ask a similar question. Since our YT channel does animation, 3d animation at that, our uploads aren't gonna be the fastest. Once we upload our first episode this coming Friday, the next one won't be until September. We all have roles with the creation of this channel and we only have one animator and she wants the content to be good quality. Of course, right. The only other channel I can think of with a similar post history is Lukas the Spider since that channel also only has one animator. The good thing though about spaced out uploads is that it will allow time for the marketer to promote the content so as to grow the audience. When you upload quickly...there's not a lot of time to promote a said video. I think that's essential for YT start ups.
I always hear different believes about that. I've heard that if you leave some time between vids, it gives you a chance to promote it just as you said. But I've also heard that if you upload multiple times a week, it'll increase your chances of being discovered which is a promotion in itself.

Zerodactyl

Reaction score
When you’re new to YouTube or are still trying to grow from the early stages, I would recommend only posting the best quality content you can. If that means you can only upload once a week, so be it - just be sure to let your subscribers know your schedule!

When you reach 5-10K subs and are gaining a good amount of subscribers and views per day, then you may want to focus on uploading more frequently, since now you have established your channel. You’ll have the initial subscriber base who will always watch your videos, and you uploading daily or every other day will mean more content getting out there, so it is easier for your channel to grow even more.

At the moment I’m at 1.5K subs and since I have the time, I’m uploading more frequently and want to see how that works out. Before I was uploading every fortnight but some videos were still performing well. I’ll see how my new technique affects my channel’s growth, but since I’m still trying to create quality content I’m sure it will help my channel be more successful.

Good luck with your channel!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I always hear different believes about that. I've heard that if you leave some time between vids, it gives you a chance to promote it just as you said. But I've also heard that if you upload multiple times a week, it'll increase your chances of being discovered which is a promotion in itself.
I believe both are true and I also believe it all depends on the quality. So many people do click bait titles and thumbnails and some people will upload long videos yet their title will saying something else, and that something else won't be reached until towards the end of the video. We want to avoid that. We want to be up front, and frank with our content and story telling.

AaronSonyi

Reaction score
When you’re new to YouTube or are still trying to grow from the early stages, I would recommend only posting the best quality content you can. If that means you can only upload once a week, so be it - just be sure to let your subscribers know your schedule!

When you reach 5-10K subs and are gaining a good amount of subscribers and views per day, then you may want to focus on uploading more frequently, since now you have established your channel. You’ll have the initial subscriber base who will always watch your videos, and you uploading daily or every other day will mean more content getting out there, so it is easier for your channel to grow even more.

At the moment I’m at 1.5K subs and since I have the time, I’m uploading more frequently and want to see how that works out. Before I was uploading every fortnight but some videos were still performing well. I’ll see how my new technique affects my channel’s growth, but since I’m still trying to create quality content I’m sure it will help my channel be more successful.

Good luck with your channel!
That's the best answer I've heard so far. I only have 130 subscribers and I feel like only 50 of them watch my videos regularly. Not to sound prude but, I don't want to burn all my "good" vids on my 30 active subscribers. Doesn't mean I'm not going to post them but I don't wanna burn all my ideas in one week. I'd rather out out high quality videos once a week and let the views and likes build up.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been tempted to take a 2 week-1 month break to stock up on videos
I did just that over the summer and it REALLY did me good. Just had to leave YouTube (not checking stats/subs/comments) for a month and a half was what I needed:up2: I dont upload more videos now (I wish I had the time but I dont) but I came back and saw my channel with new eyes after this break, and it has helped me a lot in planing the future for my channel