Upload faster?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey guys,

I am having trouble uploading...it says it's gonna take 490 minutes to upload D:

Is there any way to make it quicker or...?

I just can't keep my laptop on for 8 hours!

Thankies :)

PsyXandeR

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Either get a better plan from your internet providers or compress your videos. Actually how big are your vids filesize-wise?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Either get a better plan from your internet providers or compress your videos. Actually how big are your vids filesize-wise?
Im pretty sure my plan's pretty good...well it should be for what I'm paying for it. It's 2.81 GB...thats pretty big so I'm gonna compress it like...But I just wanted to see if anyone had any useful tips. My other videos have been fine, just this one...but thats cus it's massive. Thanks

PsyXandeR

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Holy excuse my French. 2.81Gb? What video editing sofware are you using? You should be able to compress those vids just fine using those programs. If you use Sony Vegas, try using MainConceptAvc, Max bitrate 10'000'000, average 8'000'000. After that my vids get compressed down to 300-400 megseven though I find it rather high.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah it's quite a long video as well as the quality! I use final cut pro, I'm sure there's a way to compress them on that..

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
ouchies >.< well your net speed you can't do anything about, sooo yeah that is a wee bit on the large size for a file :p

for mine a 5minute movie is around 400Mb I saved it as a .mov for 720HD quality (but this was in imovie, sorry)

So maybe just play around with different file types + experiment how to change the quality without it looking blurry, I heard .wmv is good to save as :)
(sorry i've never used final cut pro either)

umm, hope this is a teeny bit helpful :) x

Gmilk124

IF WANT TO LAUGH WELL YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO........
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Try mp4 format or wmv, if your video is mov then convert it cause those types tend to be the largest!

the9one8

www.youtube.com/the9one8
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
It sounds like your video is rendered in 1080p if it is that big, or it is a REALLY long video. If it is in 1080p, just chnage the rendering and export to 720. That will greatly reduce the size. If it is due to length of the video, there isn't much you can do unless you compress. I'm not failiar with final cut pro that much, but you could probably google how to do it.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
ouchies >.< well your net speed you can't do anything about, sooo yeah that is a wee bit on the large size for a file :p

for mine a 5minute movie is around 400Mb I saved it as a .mov for 720HD quality (but this was in imovie, sorry)

So maybe just play around with different file types + experiment how to change the quality without it looking blurry, I heard .wmv is good to save as :)
(sorry i've never used final cut pro either)

umm, hope this is a teeny bit helpful :) x
Thank you Simon! Very helpful :) how long would it take to upload your 5 minute movie at that rate?[DOUBLEPOST=1345899551,1345899519][/DOUBLEPOST]
Try mp4 format or wmv, if your video is mov then convert it cause those types tend to be the largest!
Thank you! I'm trying a converter :)[DOUBLEPOST=1345899609][/DOUBLEPOST]
It sounds like your video is rendered in 1080p if it is that big, or it is a REALLY long video. If it is in 1080p, just chnage the rendering and export to 720. That will greatly reduce the size. If it is due to length of the video, there isn't much you can do unless you compress. I'm not failiar with final cut pro that much, but you could probably google how to do it.
I think it's both haha yeah I had it set to render at full quality so I'll try changing it to a lower one thanks!

Reactions: the9one8

ManiaCrafters

Self Confessed Game-aholic
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
If you immediately record then upload from the base recording its a large file, try popping it through movie maker without editing it.
If you've already done that then i'd advise, use Google Chrome (Google linked with YouTube=Faster uploading) and try to either put your laptop close to your router or upload via your desktop PC.