Updated thumbnails not updating

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Last week I updated and uploaded new thumbnail pictures for all my videos. They look great by the way!

But even after a few days, it looks like some of them are not changing over, or it looks like some of the, change then change back. Depending on what computer or phone I check it out on, it's different each time.

Can anyone explain what's going on?

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It may take up to several days.
BTW see you in an hour. :)

PS. OK it may take a week.

terror569

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
since when it could take one week? When I change it, it takes couple of minutes and it's done[DOUBLEPOST=1477457282,1477457267][/DOUBLEPOST]/EDIT: just asking :)

Gaijillionaire

Reaction score
Channel Type
Well I did about 25 at once and I waited 2 days till I saw some changes. You know, I'm not going to run here after 3 seconds and start crying about it. But it took 2 days to see it change over but then some started changing back. Maybe each server updates on its own time. Mypace

terror569

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Well it is possible! If you check out on your phone, do you see the difference?

Reactions: Gaijillionaire

Gaijillionaire

Reaction score
Channel Type
Well it is possible! If you check out on your phone, do you see the difference?
Yea. It's different on different machines. I mean it's not the biggest deal, but kind of perplexing

terror569

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yea. It's different on different machines. I mean it's not the biggest deal, but kind of perplexing
I was just asking because of cookies in your web browser on your computer. Sometimes it's good to delete them and it might work, because sometimes you can see changes on you phone, but not your computer.

Gaijillionaire

Reaction score
Channel Type
I was just asking because of cookies in your web browser on your computer. Sometimes it's good to delete them and it might work, because sometimes you can see changes on you phone, but not your computer.
Hmmmmmmmmm! I thought it was just servers in different locations.. I'll try that. Awesome advice!

Reactions: terror569

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Last week I updated and uploaded new thumbnail pictures for all my videos. They look great by the way!

But even after a few days, it looks like some of them are not changing over, or it looks like some of the, change then change back. Depending on what computer or phone I check it out on, it's different each time.

Can anyone explain what's going on?
What I noticed is that if I kept the file name the same to the original thumbnail, I get all kind of strange behavior. If I change the file name by e.g. adding a number behind it, it will update very quickly and on all devices.

Gaijillionaire

Reaction score
Channel Type
What I noticed is that if I kept the file name the same to the original thumbnail, I get all kind of strange behavior. If I change the file name by e.g. adding a number behind it, it will update very quickly and on all devices.
Thanks. They have different names. I asked the word NEW to it but kept the same otherwise I'll just reup the ones being wonky

Reactions: KidsCorner