Updated Channel Review

ColletteisaBear

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey! So I posted in here a few weeks back and since then, I have combed through my channel to try to create better thumbnails, a better banner, and work on my on-camera vibe a little more. I wanted to get an update from anyone who's willing to stop by! (It is a style/ lifestyle related channel so just a heads up if you don't really like watching lookbooks or makeup reviews and such).

What I'm looking for:

Are my thumbnails appealing + clickable?
Is my banner better? *I'm still open to changes on this. I'm horrible at banner design*
Suggestions for channel growth?
Any other criticism or comments?

(You won't hurt my feelings, I promise. I know I'm not perfect nor will I ever be. I'm just wanting to improve!)

Reactions: NAMI and Kadelle13

LostTrigger

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
the banners pretty bad, the pictures arent that high quality and the white box in the middle with the small text makes it worse. if you dont know how to make a banner its fine, i could maybe make one for you haha im a bit rusty when it comes to that stuff. but regardless there are a ton of people on this site and others who wouldnt mind making you a free banner.

even before looking at your thumbnails you need to change your channel layout. you can look at my channel or any other channel your subscribed to to see how channels are now a days.

thumbnails need alot of work. you shouldnr shrink pictures of you in thumbnails like in your video my christmas tag, skin routine etc. if you want to make yourself smaller than you need to know how to cut yourself out of the image. either just go for a full blown image like your "i just needed to say something" because it looks cleaner. or make sure the image goes past the border like your "kylie jenner" thumbnail. i dont know what your using to make your thumbnails, i have photoshop, so depending on what software your using you might not have these features but you can find a easy free photo editor online. one of your better thubmanils imo is your unboxing birchbox august thumbnail. the only problem being the text. instead of the block box. you can keep the white text however put a black stroke around the text so its readable. That way it will look alot cleaner. you can also apply a grey gradient over the image so white text are easier to see but the stroke on the text would be easier.

i generally dont watch videos like yours so i dont have much advice when it comes to the video. you seem to tag your videos pretty well and your intro is short which is nice.

oh i did find a thumbnail where you did cut yourself out and it was your unboxing birch august video. the the yellow background and text kinda ruin it, remember you are the focus of the channel, you dont usually want to cover yourself up with a bunch of text or images. and white is always a safe/clean color for a background if your not sure what color to use for a background.

your thumbnails like fall hoodie are doing a bit to much, less is more

hope this was helpfull

Last edited:

ColletteisaBear

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
the banners pretty bad, the pictures arent that high quality and the white box in the middle with the small text makes it worse. if you dont know how to make a banner its fine, i could maybe make one for you haha im a bit rusty when it comes to that stuff. but regardless there are a ton of people on this site and others who wouldnt mind making you a free banner.

even before looking at your thumbnails you need to change your channel layout. you can look at my channel or any other channel your subscribed to to see how channels are now a days.

thumbnails need alot of work. you shouldnr shrink pictures of you in thumbnails like in your video my christmas tag, skin routine etc. if you want to make yourself smaller than you need to know how to cut yourself out of the image. either just go for a full blown image like your "i just needed to say something" because it looks cleaner. or make sure the image goes past the border like your "kylie jenner" thumbnail. i dont know what your using to make your thumbnails, i have photoshop, so depending on what software your using you might not have these features but you can find a easy free photo editor online. one of your better thubmanils imo is your unboxing birchbox august thumbnail. the only problem being the text. instead of the block box. you can keep the white text however put a black stroke around the text so its readable. That way it will look alot cleaner. you can also apply a grey gradient over the image so white text are easier to see but the stroke on the text would be easier.

i generally dont watch videos like yours so i dont have much advice when it comes to the video. you seem to tag your videos pretty well and your intro is short which is nice.

oh i did find a thumbnail where you did cut yourself out and it was your unboxing birch august video. the the yellow background and text kinda ruin it, remember you are the focus of the channel, you dont usually want to cover yourself up with a bunch of text or images.

hope this was helpfull

Ahh! I know, the banner is still quite awful. I've been changing it constantly just because I can't seem to get it quite right. I'll take some more time to work on it again.
As for thumbnails, you're right about the smaller photos. I never really thought about it. I'm going to go back and rework what I can.

I'm also not too sure what you mean about the channel layout but I'll do some research. I know I still need to make a channel "trailer", but I haven't thought of a good enough idea for one yet that doesn't seem like I'm just blowing up my own balloon :p

Thank you for the honest feedback!

LostTrigger

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Ahh! I know, the banner is still quite awful. I've been changing it constantly just because I can't seem to get it quite right. I'll take some more time to work on it again.
As for thumbnails, you're right about the smaller photos. I never really thought about it. I'm going to go back and rework what I can.

I'm also not too sure what you mean about the channel layout but I'll do some research. I know I still need to make a channel "trailer", but I haven't thought of a good enough idea for one yet that doesn't seem like I'm just blowing up my own balloon :p

Thank you for the honest feedback!
i edited the post and added some more.

but my channel layout i meant more like this.

its not that big of a difference but looks a bt better, and its the standard layout for a channel now. and no problem just hope i was helpful haha

ColletteisaBear

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i edited the post and added some more.

but my channel layout i meant more like this.

its not that big of a difference but looks a bt better, and its the standard layout for a channel now. and no problem just hope i was helpful haha

No that's great! I'm trying to figure out how to change the layout now. hmm..

Heizenblog

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi there, I had a look around your channel. For me I think the banner needs work, I think your photo is great it just needs a better font and text placement,also what does your channel offer? I know it says style and beauty but in what form? Is it tips and tricks? Advice? Reviews etc.

With your thumbnails, have a look at trying to stick to a style and format so although each video is different, your thumbnail stands out and you then start to create a recognizable brand.

For thumbnails and banner I use a web based free package called Canva which is at www.canva.com its really easy to use, you can simply drag and drop.

Hope this helps a bit.

Reactions: ColletteisaBear

ColletteisaBear

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi there, I had a look around your channel. For me I think the banner needs work, I think your photo is great it just needs a better font and text placement,also what does your channel offer? I know it says style and beauty but in what form? Is it tips and tricks? Advice? Reviews etc.

With your thumbnails, have a look at trying to stick to a style and format so although each video is different, your thumbnail stands out and you then start to create a recognizable brand.

For thumbnails and banner I use a web based free package called Canva which is at www.canva.com its really easy to use, you can simply drag and drop.

Hope this helps a bit.

Hey I use Canva too! I'm still trying to figure out design stuff for banners and thumbnails so once I find a format that I enjoy I'll definitely begin to stick to that

Reactions: Heizenblog