• Please note that all milestone posts must not be of a promotional nature and must conform to the Milestones Forum Rules. All "almost" and "nearly" milestone threads are deleted.

[UPDATE] 100,000 subs - Silver play button arrived today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I recently hit 100,000 subscribers on my channel and it looks like YouTube have audited and confirmed the achievement. - I have just noticed this message in my dashboard:

So I filled in all the details and I'll be getting the silver play button in 6-12 weeks.

It took me 2 years to reach this milestone. Here's the rough timeline for milestones on the way. Hopefully, this will inspire a few of you that it is definitely possible to grow a YouTube channel:

0-1000 subs: 4 months
1000 - 10,000 subs: +6 months
10,000 - 25,000 subs: +3 months
25,000 - 50,000 subs: +3 months
50,000 - 100,000 subs: +8 months

I have also built up a Twitter following of 21,000 followers (no follow4follow - I only follow 7 people)

My channel is private - I don't promote, so I'm not going to link to my channel but here is some random advice:

-Patience is key. You need a long-term plan. It's a marathon, not a sprint. If you're looking for quick success, then forget YouTube but your channels should be constantly growing.
-Don't overpromote. In fact, apart from the first 2 months, I have done ZERO promotion (apart from to my own twitter followers - see below)
- Content is king. You need to be able to objectively look at your own content and compare it objectively to the big channels in your niche. Most people overestimate the quality of their own content and most reviews from others aren't particularly helpful.
-Regular uploads are important.
-Intros are bad.
-Outros are good.
-Twitter is good, but make sure you add value. If all you are doing on twitter is promoting your YT channel, then you aren't giving people a reason to follow you on Twitter. I like to call this the 90/10 rule. 90% non-promotional tweets for 10% promotional. It's slow, very slow at first, but if you offer awesome value, it picks up. In the beginning, I was getting 3 followers per week with this strategy. Now 2 years later, I get 50 new followers per day and all my tweets get loads of retweets and favourites which gets them pinned to the top of the hashtag pages. (See rule number one about patience - Forget twitter bots and follow4follow)
-Try to reply to all comments.
- Your channel should have some sort of a USP (unique selling point) something that makes it different from all the others in your niche. Otherwise, why would anyone sub to you over a bigger channel who has the exact same content?! An analogy: If your town has 10 pizza restaurants and 3 of them are always busy (the pioneers) but the other 7 are always half-empty, then should you open a pizza restaurant or a sushi restaurant?! Think about it. Even if less people like sushi compared to pizza, the pizza market is clearly saturated whereas your sushi restaurant would have no competition. It doesn't matter if you make fantastic pizzas - You're not going to succeed. But if you really really wanted to open a pizza restaurant, you should open a "vegetarian-only" pizza restaurant and make that your USP.... And if someone walks through the door and asks for a meat pizza, you politely refuse and say you only do vegetarian pizzas. (You have to define your niche and stick to it.)

Good luck everyone!

Edit (15th October):

I received the play button today:

More photos at the end of this thread in this post.

Last edited:

Selim Keles

Nap King
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I recently hit 100,000 subscribers on my channel and it looks like YouTube have audited and confirmed the achievement. - I have just noticed this message in my dashboard:

So I filled in all the details and I'll be getting the silver play button in 6-12 weeks.

It took me 2 years to reach this milestone. Here's the rough timeline for milestones on the way. Hopefully, this will inspire a few of you that it is definitely possible to grow a YouTube channel:

I have also built up a Twitter following of 21,000 followers (no follow4follow - I only follow 7 people)

My channel is private - I don't promote, so I'm not going to link to my channel but here is some random advice:

-Patience is key. You need a long-term plan. It's a marathon, not a sprint. If you're looking for quick success, then forget YouTube but your channels should be constantly growing.
-Don't overpromote. In fact, apart from the first 2 months, I have done ZERO promotion (apart from to my own twitter followers - see below)
- Content is king. You need to be able to objectively look at your own content and compare it objectively to the big channels in your niche. Most people overestimate the quality of their own content and most reviews from others aren't particularly helpful.
-Intros are bad.
-Outros are good.
-Twitter is good, but make sure you add value. If all you are doing on twitter is promoting your YT channel, then you aren't giving people a reason to follow you on Twitter. I like to call this the 90/10 rule. 90% non-promotional tweets for 10% promotional. It's slow, very slow at first, but if you offer awesome value, it picks up. In the beginning, I was getting 3 followers per week with this strategy. Now 2 years later, I get 50 new followers per day. (See rule number one about patience) Forget twitter bots and follow4follow
- Your channel should have some sort of a USP (unique selling point) something that makes it different from all the others in your niche. Otherwise, why would anyone sub to you over a bigger channel who has the exact same content?! An analogy: If your town has 10 pizza restaurants and 3 of them are always busy (the pioneers) but the other 7 are always half-empty, then should you open a pizza restaurant or a sushi restaurant?! Think about it. Even if less people like sushi compared to pizza, the pizza market is clearly saturated whereas your sushi restaurant would have no competition. It doesn't matter if you make fantastic pizzas - You're not going to succeed. But if you really really wanted to open a pizza restaurant, you should open a "vegetarian-only" pizza restaurant and make that your USP.... And if someone walks through the door and asks for a meat pizza, you politely refuse and say you only do vegetarian pizzas. (You have to define your niche and stick to it.)

Good luck everyone!
omg @Crown that is amazing bro a huge congratulations
it truly shows hard work really pays off if you put your mind to it
good advice to bro
and again congrats i can now say i have talked to someone famous lol

Reactions: Crown

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
OMG Crown really?!!!! OMG Congratz!!! Is so awesome to see you grow!!! :D YAAAAAAY!! PArty Party Party Party!!!

:bounce::spin:

Brinkbabe91

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
CONGRATS! That is sooooo wonderful! Also I am glad I got confermation on the no intro thing. I have been trying latly to go without one, and just have an outro. Personally I figure they can know who they can easily tell who they are watching without me putting an intro on the video. Plus it kind of might make some people be like nah I don't wanna wait for the intro to be done. I have been trying out doing twitter better kind of the way you said. BUT YAY! Maybe you can post a pic of your play button to us when you get it :)

iButtonsi

Just a chubby hipster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Thanks for advice, and congratulations.

This a reliefe seeing a good success story, and some tips in order to help others out

NicsterV

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
How long did it take you after you hit 100k to get the notification in your dashboard for the play button? If you don't know, how long ago did you hit 100k? :)

JeriKane

s h o o k e t h
Reaction score

-Intros are bad.
-Outros are good.
-Twitter is good, but make sure you add value. If all you are doing on twitter is promoting your YT channel, then you aren't giving people a reason to follow you on Twitter. I like to call this the 90/10 rule. 90% non-promotional tweets for 10% promotional. It's slow, very slow at first, but if you offer awesome value, it picks up. In the beginning, I was getting 3 followers per week with this strategy. Now 2 years later, I get 50 new followers per day and all my tweets get loads of retweets and favourites which gets them pinned to the top of the hashtag pages. (See rule number one about patience - Forget twitter bots and follow4follow)

Good luck everyone!
My dude. <3

Congratulations my friend! :D Very well deserved.

USP sounds awesome. I'm gonna take that and turn it into something entirely different. United Spring Parlays. Hmm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.