Upcoming Changes to MCNs & Monetization for Network Partners - Affiliate and Managed

Gabriel

YouTube Addict
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi all,

For those who are not aware of the few changes to MCNs (Multi-Channel Networks) and its partners here's some highlights to what's going on:

1. MCN partners are being divided into two separate groups called an 'affiliate' or 'managed'.
    Larger channels will generally be put on managed and the smaller ones won't, unfortunately but solely depends on the network.

MCNs will now be liable for all of their managed partners.

2. Instant monetization goes bye-bye for affiliate partners. Managed and those with YouTube directly are unaffected by this change.

Videos will go under review much like the process AdSense partners go through, generally taking around 24 hours for approval or denial.

3. Affiliate partners are guaranteed YouTube Analytics' revenue access and the possibility of unlinking from your network from your Features page. Note however, the network can simply reject your request in a click of a button, or release.

For more information about these changes please check out these articles:
- How YouTube's New Arrangements With MCNs Work
- YouTube To Step In On Partner / MCN Management
- Is YouTube Completely Changing Network/Creator Relations

We're getting quite a lot of threads about these upcoming changes so I decided to make an official thread for it and discussion of it.

Discussion and questions of these changes and other MCN changes not listed here can go in this thread please! Duplicate threads of this topic may be merged into this thread.

art29

Reaction score
Hi
I just checked today my Account status in Features and I can see new option, if I click to Maker Studio then I can see the button Request to unlink, I'm not really sure about that

Daniel

YTtalk's Juicy Lemon
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi
I just checked today my Account status in Features and I can see new option, if I click to Maker Studio then I can see the button Request to unlink, I'm not really sure about that
Part of a new MCN update. You can request to be unliked by the network. However, a network can simply decline this since you signed a contract.

Reactions: FiyahKitteh

JosPlays

Just being AWESOME
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah, maybe a easier way for networks to get people request to be unlinked, but only when the contract says so :)

Gavin80001

Reaction score
Talked to my friend earlier today and he said he was an affiliate with his YouTube Partnership.
In a nut shell here is what he said: He's a affiliate with youtube partnership so when he uploads a video on the first day, he cannot make money from it on the first day. (in other words, he cannot monetize it the first 24 hours) Is this true? Because I checked my account and apparently I'm a so-called 'affiliate' as well.

Gavin80001

Reaction score
he is a liar, a god damn liar.
So I start making money off of it the second I upload it? By that I mean I would of have monetized it then it's uploaded. He also said the first day I would only get like 10% then the next day it's fully monetized.[DOUBLEPOST=1386137556,1386137533][/DOUBLEPOST]
he is a liar, a god damn liar.
So I start making money off of it the second I upload it? By that I mean I would of have monetized it then it's uploaded. He also said the first day I would only get like 10% then the next day it's fully monetized.

Gavin80001

Reaction score
Its fully monetized instantly.
Talked to the creator of the network I'm joining, that rule actually is taking place in a few days, to ALL YouTube partners. So apparently he was not lying. Well, us affiliates are ******. f**k those managers.