Unsure about Third Party Content - Couple of Questions...

WA_Gates

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
Hey there guys,

So one of my videos, I've just noticed, has had a Third Party Notice that I need to acknowledge or dispute, now from what I can tell it's the cut scene/intro clip from the Stick of Truth Game which I uploaded and so I have a few questions regarding it... so please bear with :)

If I acknowledge the claim what will happen to the video? Will it still be uploaded/will the audio be muted etc?
If I dispute can I potentially get in more trouble if they decide there wasn't a good reason for disputing?

I don't monetise anything at the moment but in the future I would like to (when my channel grows a bit more!) will having this clip up, acknowledged or not, cause me any issues with regard to that? Do you think it would be easier to just take the video down, edit out the intro and then reupload it?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just still pretty new and I'm not sure what the proper procedure is... I don't want to get in trouble with the guys upstairs so to speak! :)

Thanks for any advice/help, really would appreciate it!

Qazplm

The Q in YTtalq
Reaction score
If you acknowledge the claim it will just monetize the video for on Obsidian's behalf. If you dispute it but the dispute does not pass, then you will get a strike, which is bad. I would just edit out the intro if I were you, although I had no problems with the intro when I played the game on my channel so I have no idea why you got a claim.

WA_Gates

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
Thanks for the reply, yeah I was a bit surprised as I know a fair few people who have played through it and had no issues. I may take it down and edit it out but if I acknowledge it and it monetises the video on their behalf that might just save the hassle.. The thing I'm most concerned about is it affecting future monetisation of other videos when I get to that point. But I assume it shouldn't cause any problems?