Any youtubers from the united kingdom
I need some help....

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I'm from the UK...but I've never registered for tax because the only money I get from YouTube is well below the personal allowance. Heck, my AdSense doesn't even reach my custom threshold every year; it takes me 2-4 years to get there, and I'm not working a job in the offline world.

So I decided long ago that if HMRC wants to attach the penalty for not registering, they can go ahead and do it.

Reactions: Steve30

Steve30

Reaction score
I've just started out and needed to know how to set up self employment for YouTube

And If i need to register it as a company or limited company or however it work.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
It depends on so many things. Like if it's your only income or if you have a salaried position also. and more. Sole trader is far less complicated than setting up a company. In any event don't listen to me or anyone else on here. This is the worst place to ask. Opinion is not important unless it's a qualified one. Just ask an accountant. You'll need one anyway.. definitely if you don't know the answer to your post question. They are generally not expensive and I'm sure they can answer your question at least for free.

Reactions: Steve30

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I've just started out and needed to know how to set up self employment for YouTube
Is your channel even monetized yet?

If you've literally only just started your channel, and haven't even applied to join the YouTube Partner Programme, the last thing you need to worry about is "setting up self-employment"; as you have no idea if when you reach the application thresholds you will be accepted or not. Up to 95% of applications for monetization are turned down these days, in case you didn't know.